Monday, 1/24/2011, Whats cooking?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
It will probably be sausage, pepper and onion pizza and/or sausage bread.

Any plans?

AllenOK

I'm not sure. PeppA mentioned spaghetti. We have one down down Strep, two headed to Dr's w/ temps (they were fine this morning when I got them up), and one possible not feeling good still in school (probably just wants to come home and play w/ new-to-him PS-2).

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Thinking about making a pot of the 4 Ingredient Beef Vegetable soup.
Sure sounds good today.

lilylove

We're either making easy fajitas or going to our new favorite fish place. We were there last night but hey, it's good, it's cheap and it's only a 10 minute bus ride away. :)

PanchoHambre

Root Veg and Beef Stew and working on part one of a bean soup with the hambone from yesterday's game ham I can all ready tell that will be a 2 day project though.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Yikes. I didn't eat tonight. Got home late from golf, poured a drink, went online, and typed...

I'll have extra yogurt in the morning....

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
2 more Ingredient Showcase - Sausage entries.

Pizza topped with tomato paste thinned with water, crumbled sausage, bacon, green bell pepper, onion, fresh garlic, mushrooms, fresh parsley, herbs, spices, ground red pepper flakes, mozzarella, grated Romano & Parmesan cheeses.

012411_sausage_pizza_1.jpg

012411_sausage_pizza_2.jpg

012411_sausage_bread_3.jpg

Sausage bread (browned sausage, fresh parsley, ground red pepper flakes, fresh grated Romano & Parmesan cheeses and mozzarella) layered and rolled jelly roll style in bread dough. The bread got a little browner then I like but it was good.

012411_sausage_bread_1.jpg

012411_sausage_bread_2.jpg

Last edited:

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I posted this already on the ingredient showcase (Sausage) thread. We had GREEN sausage, aka chorizo verde. Since this was hand-made sausage in the market, there was no ingredient list. I looked it up, and it seems like chorizo verde is popular in Toluca, about 40 miles west of Mexico City. SOMEONE must like it here, because I see it in the market all the time. That "someone" probably isn't us. We ate it, and we didn't hate it, but it had a very strong taste of an unfamiliar herb, maybe epazote. You'd think it would have alot of cilantro, but I didn't taste much of that...I served it with rice and beans (that I mixed with chopped tomatoes and cilantro) and some tortillas that I made myself. Now that I have found a place on the counter for the wooden tortilla press, I'll make them more often, because they are really quick and easy to make. We ate the meal rolled up as tacos, and we each ate a couple of tacos, but I'm pleased to report that our Mexican dogs LOVED it. Ate up all the leftovers, even the tortillas.

Attachments

• DSCF1048.jpg
    DSCF1048.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 241

PanchoHambre

revision... stew was not gonna be done made some eggs with cajun spices and ham over toast stew abe bean soup still simmering away to be enjoyed another day

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Peeps! Your dinner looks wonderful...I love the sausage bread. Kinda like a calzone? Great idea, and looks delicious.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Peeps! Your dinner looks wonderful...I love the sausage bread. Kinda like a calzone? Great idea, and looks delicious.
Karen your dinner is BEAUTIFUL!!

Thank you Karen. HMMMMMM Not a calzone, maybe like a stromboli.