Jalapeño Corn - Slow Cooker

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I'd love to do this, but I'd be eating corn every day for a week......

Jalapeño Corn

Ingredients

5 (15.25 oz.) cans whole kernel corn, rinsed and drained
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, cubed
1 (8 oz.) package sharp cheddar cheese, grated
2 jalapeños, seeds removed, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Preparation

Place corn and chopped jalapeño in the bottom of your slow cooker, then season with onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top of mixture, then top with cubed cream cheese.
Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 2 hours (or on low for 4).
Stir everything together until melted and smooth and serve hot.

I'm thinking some sweet red pepper, roughly chopped, would fit well and add more color.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Or, just sauté a few jalapenos in a frying pan and add 1 can of corn and a smidges of the other stuff, to taste, until the cheese gets melty. Or pop it in the oven until melted.

Lee

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I'd love to do this, but I'd be eating corn every day for a week......
Jalapeño Corn
So ... I cut the recipe down a bit... didn't have the fresh Jalapeno's and shied away from using the pickled ones I did have, but all is well !
Adjustments;

I used Frozen Corn; On the advice of #1 Son, I rinsed the frozen corn in a colander to remove excess icy bits, and to partially thaw it. He said something about the frozen corn 'shocking' the crockpot... Okay !

The dish thickened a bit as it sat on 'warm' setting, but a splash of milk and a good stir fixed that...

Cheesy Corn - Crockpot.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That looks magnificent!

I can send you some fresh jalapenos from my garden, if you want to make it again, LT. :)

Lee