What do you Drive and do you like it?

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Well just what the title says. Some folks are car people.... others, not so much. Personally I love my cars. Im pretty picky.

So what do you drive and do you like it? AND what do you REALLY want to get? :smile:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I drive either a Chrysler Town & Country, or a Honda Accord depending on who has the kids. Both are OK vehicles and get the job done.
Would love to get a Honda Pilot or a Chevy Silverado Z-71.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Take your pick I love them both but for different purposes. Oh and those interested in the mustang you can check it out in more detail at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/530508 I call it the Deer Slayer as a deer caused me to turn a perfectly good car into a great car by running in front of it.

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 180
  • Kia Sedona2003_2.jpg
    Kia Sedona2003_2.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 162

Ol-blue

I drive a Toyota 4x4 Extended Cab pickup and my husband drives a Subaru Outback. Both are great! Our fun cars to drive are a 1968 Convertible Mustang and a 2007 Shelby GT 500.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I drive a Toyota 4x4 Extended Cab pickup and my husband drives a Subaru Outback. Both are great! Our fun cars to drive are a 1968 Convertible Mustang and a 2007 Shelby GT 500.

I love the Shelby GT 500 almost as much as the Roush version but then I'm a Corvette man that is driving a mustang myself.

Deadly Sushi

I recently bought a 1999 Lincoln Town Car (yea Im 38 :shock: ) and I LOOOOOVE it! Alas it was an ex-limo so it has a huge amount of miles BUUUT.... they are VERY dependable and as a limo if there was something wrong it was taken care of.

This after a 2003 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor. I got VERY lucky and sold the Vic for $2500 and bought the Town Car at only $1500.

HEY!!!! If you have photos of you car(s) post them! :w00t2:

Ol-blue

I love the Shelby GT 500 almost as much as the Roush version but then I'm a Corvette man that is driving a mustang myself.

We have been stopped by many of Corvette people that say they love Corvettes but they really like the Shelbys too.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Here is a stalled restore project... my 1978 Cadillac Sedan De Ville De Elegance:

Attachments

• DSCF0194.jpg
    DSCF0194.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 174
  • DSCF0195.JPG
    DSCF0195.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 614
  • DSCF0196.jpg
    DSCF0196.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 157
  • DSCF0197.jpg
    DSCF0197.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 194

joec

Gold Site Supporter
We have been stopped by many of Corvette people that say they love Corvettes but they really like the Shelbys too.

I bet you have however I would still eat your lunch in the Shelby and me in my old 90 GT (highly modified) on a tight road course. They just don't handle as well as the Vette or my Mustang which actually can go toe to toe with the vettes on a tight circuit. I just don't have the HP to stay with them in long straights. I'm only at 400 HP at the flywheel which is the limit for the weight of the car in my class in American Iron.

PanchoHambre

I drive a old tank of a Benz and yeah... I like er... she's an old girl and sort of high maintenance but she's got a sunroof and a bangin' stereo and some pep... I just wish she was standard

I also have a S-10 Pickup that has been pretty much street furniture lately.. I need to decide to spring for a new engine or scrap it.. still drives but real rough

PanchoHambre

oh Mav I just saw the Caddy.... get that bitch on the road damn I love those...

What I really want is an old MonteCarlo or a BMW 3-Series roadster... and yeah I totally know I am asking for trouble

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
I use to be 'into' my car... but I really don't care about it much anymore. A car is a car and it gets me from point a to point b. I have a Honda Accord XLE 04... great car, not a single problem. But I loved driving my Lexus better!

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Yup. With a new Rochester 4 barrel, valve job, seals, etc. Even did a factory paint job on it and new landou top for it. Just needs some wiring work to get it going.

Deadly Sushi

Yup. With a new Rochester 4 barrel, valve job, seals, etc. Even did a factory paint job on it and new landou top for it. Just needs some wiring work to get it going.

Awwwwww MAN!!!!!! That is the coolest thing...... HEY! Are you going to Sea Foam it!?!??!??

Calicolady

I have a little red nissan pick up truck.
When I moved here, I had alittle mini van I hated that was a bomb and almost dead. I gave it 6 mos. But I needed my cash to buy the house. The van lasted 2 1/2 more years. I gave it a proper burial, didn't look back and got the truck.
I love my little baby even though it's pretty no frills.
People who meet me think me odd being a girl and liking trucks. But I garage sale and refinish furniture, so a car isn't practical.
But I've alway been a tomboy and other than the 3 VW beetles
I've had (Yes, I loved those old beetles, especially on a hill in snow), the only other car I have any interest in is Jaguar.
I've driven tractor trailors, dump trucks, plowed snow from heavy duty p/u s and dump trucks.

Never had a motorcycle and thought when I moved down here that's what I'd get too. NO helmet laws.
But I quickly talked myself out of that after a month or 2 driving with these wackos on the road.

My dream: A p/u, a jag & a bike.
(I guess I better play the lotto tomorrow night. LOL!)

Ol-blue

Here are a couple pictures of our fun cars to drive.
newcamera654.jpg

1968Mustang.jpg

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Here are a couple pictures of our fun cars to drive.
newcamera654.jpg

1968Mustang.jpg

Hell now I need to go smoke a cigarette after the organism. Damned man they look good. My son has a '64 conv. Mustang totally restored in Wimbledon white.

Last edited:

chowhound

VERY nice Ol-Blue.... even if they are Fords.....
I'll go hide now (lol).

Sweet cars. I only drive 5000 miles/year anymore, so don't really get into vehicles like I did. Current vehicle is a 2008 Wrangler Limited... Unlimited.. something like that (lol). And my bike, but that's just for fun and not transpportatiion.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
i drive a 95' nissan pathfinder, yes i love her but she is not always nice to me..lol

the missus drives a 97 geo prizm(california toyota corolla), its small, still gets 38mpg, 240,000 miles(doesnt burn a drop of oil),always starts,always goes...put 45000 miles on it in less than a year.... nothing into it... best $600 i ever spent..lol

Ol-blue

LOL Joe, Good one!

Thanks chowhound. We are a Ford family here. I didn't even list the pickups that we own. A couple old ones.

cara

we are Mercedesdrivers by Nature - except for DH's company car, that's a red passat...

my daily driver is a '87 230CE
I think it's one of the ugliest cars around, but a very good driver... and it has original Mercedes rims by now..

230CE124Details25.jpg

when we went on holiday we had no car for that.. the Olds too old, the Coupe too low and the Passat not ours.. so we bought an old 250D Taxi, wich completed the 600.000km (~ 372 822.715 34 miles) on the way to Poland

Taxi+Memel.jpg

then we have our loved old ones

Hartmut, a '68 250 /8, our first old one.. comes from South France

2251250220_a85f6a5e72.jpg

19+09+2003.jpg

and Lucy, a '65 FinTail coming back home from San Francisco area 4 years ago ;o) she is me precious, but unfortunately not running at the moment :cry:
the engine is broken - we already have a new one, but we and our mechanic need time to change it... *sigh*

Lucy14.jpg

High Cheese

Saucier
Here's my "Hauler". I bought it specifically for racing/riding. It holds all my gear and equipment so it's all in one place.

Oh, it's pretty comfy too.

5643_4.jpg

53e6_4.jpg

524c_4.jpg

Pics010-1.jpg

I use my parents motorhome for overnighters. My bikes are #375.

Wildwood016.jpg

High Cheese

Saucier
Motocross and hare scrambles.

This is my local track.

RPMX10-19011.jpg

A race on the beach in Wildwood, NJ.

IMG_7425.jpg

A 2 hour Hare Scramble in Delaware.

02756_Adultgreen_101908.jpg