FREE meal at KFC!

lilylove

Our KFC is so dirty that you couldn't pay me to eat there...heck, I won't even walk in the door.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We called four local KFC's tonight, to see if the coupons we printed out from Oprah's link would be accepted.

Three of the phones were "temporarily disconnected". We got a person on the fourth phone call to a different KFC, who told us that the offer was "too crazy", they all ran out of chicken, and that no KFC in the country would honor the coupons on demand.

She said we should bring our coupons to KFC, fill out a form, staple a coupon to the form, and they would send us a "raincheck coupon" in the mail, which we could redeem when we receive it.

I understand their anguish, but we won't be doing that. Guess Oprah's announcement and endorsement of the offer swamped them badly.

Lee

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
That's what I heard on the news as well. They said you can take the coupon in and KFC will give you a rain check for a free two piece meal and add a free Pepsi to it.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
It was a ridiculous marketing plan that boomeranged and has caused bad feelings amongst customers. Whoever thought of the idea will probably be fired.