Supper 3/3/09

PanchoHambre

probably more of the veal ragu.. w polenta last night maybe tonight over ravioli I dont love repeating meals but I dont feel like cooking something from scratch tonight... supposed to meet up with a friend for beers though so if that happens probably some sort of bar food instead.

Last edited:

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Something freaking good!!! I'm hungry! I got some cod that I'm gonna fix for tonight. Not sure what I'm doing with it yet. Maybe bake a butternut squash.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Fried chicken tenders, mashed potatoes, broccoli and biscuits.

Hey Sattie, how about Poor Man's Lobster?

poor-mans-lobster-00.jpg

homecook

Probably going out.....mom has dr. appt. at 5 pm. We'll take her back and stop some where. (I hope)

Barb

suziquzie

not much for DH and I, oldest kid has a concert at school, they'll have pb&j or something quick b4 we go, we'll find something for us when we get home.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
We are invited for wine and hors'duerves (OK, I did a spell check on this, and it came up "horse laughs")...you get the idea. I am taking some tortilla rollups - one with really good chicken salad that has walnuts and strawberries, and one with roast beef and horseradish cream cheese. There will be other food there, so we'll probably end up eating snacks for dinner.....

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
nothing taken out of the freezer yet...i think i will take Mrs.Bam out for supper tonight...

maybe i will super size her fries..lol:yum:

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
something that is easy. hurt too bad to do much. probably biscuits and gravy with eggs.

Calicolady

We are invited for wine and hors'duerves (OK, I did a spell check on this, and it came up "horse laughs")...you get the idea. I am taking some tortilla rollups - one with really good chicken salad that has walnuts and strawberries, and one with roast beef and horseradish cream cheese. There will be other food there, so we'll probably end up eating snacks for dinner.....

Yum. I love appetizers/finger food for meals and that roast beast sounds delish. Enjoy!

Angie

Not sure, hubby can't eat much more than soups or mashed taters since he had his teeth pulled. I feel bad cooking much so it'll probably be something easy like an egg.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
DW works late on Tuesdays so this morning I volunteered to make a big salad topped with grilled chicken breast for dinner. I needed to stop at the grocery after work for a couple things, and saw these two, 1" thick pork chops (bone in) for $3.14 ($2.99 per pound). They looked so good that I changed my dinner plans right there and then. When I got home I did the chops with flour, egg and Panko crumbs, and gave them about 5-6 minutes per side in hot oil, then 30 minutes in the convection toaster oven to finish them. I then cubed three redskin potatoes and pan fried them in butter and EVOO with diced onion, garlic, roasted red peppers, salt, pepper, parsley flakes and smokey paprika. I then made a salad with romain hearts, grape tomatoes, celery, carrots, hard boiled egg and shredded mozzarella cheese with poppey seed dressing.

DW came in the door, and was thrilled that I changed the menu. Both of us had a really busy day, and were both hungry for something other than rabbit food. Sorry, no picture, as we scarfed it down in record time. I just love chewing the meaty remnants off of pork chop bones. Mmmmmmm.....

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
DW works late on Tuesdays so this morning I volunteered to make a big salad topped with grilled chicken breast for dinner. I needed to stop at the grocery after work for a couple things, and saw these two, 1" thick pork chops (bone in) for $3.14 ($2.99 per pound). They looked so good that I changed my dinner plans right there and then. When I got home I did the chops with flour, egg and Panko crumbs, and gave them about 5-6 minutes per side in hot oil, then 30 minutes in the convection toaster oven to finish them. I then cubed three redskin potatoes and pan fried them in butter and EVOO with diced onion, garlic, roasted red peppers, salt, pepper, parsley flakes and smokey paprika. I then made a salad with romain hearts, grape tomatoes, celery, carrots, hard boiled egg and shredded mozzarella cheese with poppey seed dressing.

DW came in the door, and was thrilled that I changed the menu. Both of us had a really busy day, and were both hungry for something other than rabbit food. Sorry, no picture, as we scarfed it down in record time. I just love chewing the meaty remnants off of pork chop bones. Mmmmmmm.....

Bummer....I would have liked to have seen the picture!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I have a pot roast with carrots and potatoes in the slow cooker. My stomach is rumbling because I've been smelling it all over the house for hours!

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I made cheese toast. I toasted bread and then melted cheese over it in the microwave. Wish it stayed down.

buckytom

Grill Master
sorry to hear that susan. you may have to go with the brat diet, to make sure you're getting something into you. hope you feel better.

last night for us, dw made broiled/baked bbq sauced chicken thighs, a can o' corn, and biscuits.