Post Traumatic Syndrome (Depression)

Shermie

Site Supporter
Post Traumatic Syndrome.

Has anyone ever been diagnosed with this condition?

I was last week as a result of having gone through being terrorized by the landlord from hell!! Also, the exasperating stress of having to move and the exhausting work involved with it!!

I went through tons of sad episodes where I would break down and cry over the stress of moving, being tortured by the mean & nasty landlord, because he constantly berated, humiliated and attacked me!! I felt so worthless and my self esteem was so low. I would call friends & family, tell them my problems and I broke down crying, unable to hold back the tears!!

I had thoughts of suicide and I was so miserable mentally!! Also, I was too heartbroken over having to move out of the neighborhood where I've lived for 13 years and loved it so well!! I'm on medicine for depression (PTSD). will be alright though. The periods of uncontrolled crying are less now, as I try to stay focused and move forward and get on with my life. :ohmy:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I've never been diagnosed with it, but certainly have been there Shermie with the overwhelming feelings of sadness, wondering how much more a person can handle.

Anyone who goes through a major change in their life are going to suffer something, whether it be moving, death of loved ones, losing a job- whatever.
All of these things have a very different impact on each of us depending on our level of tolerance.
Please be careful taking any medication for how you are feeling.
Often just being around loved ones and leaning on them (and God) helps more than any drug ever could.

You are a very special person and are valued and loved by many.
Don't ever forget that.
:heart::smile:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It sounds as if you have gotten and are getting professional help, Shermie and that is wonderful!

I am so sorry to hear all that you've been through!

Have you settled in a new place yet?

Lee

Shermie

Site Supporter
It sounds as if you have gotten and are getting professional help, Shermie and that is wonderful!

I am so sorry to hear all that you've been through!

Have you settled in a new place yet?

Lee

I was forced to move in with a friend, rather than, or else, live out in the streets.

I also have to arrange and schedule therapy appointments as soon as I call my health provider to find out if I'll be covered for behavioral mental health issues.:sad: