KFC No Longer Permitted To Use Word 'Eat' In Advertisements

Lefty

Yank
WASHINGTON—Issuing a condemnation of Kentucky Fried Chicken's recent Boneless Variety Bucket commercials, the Federal Communications Commission on Tuesday fined the fast food giant $600,000 and ordered it to discontinue all broadcasts containing "false and misleading suggestions" that its heated chicken products are intended for consumption.

"KFC's claim that its fried offerings have 'that taste you'll just love to eat' is in direct violation of federal regulations," acting FCC chairman Michael Copps said. "The word 'eat' is legally permissible only in reference to substances appropriate for human consumption. Any implication that a consumer could or should 'enjoy' a KFC Crispy Strip fails to meet these standards, and presents an unlawful deception to consumers."
"Any future appeals by KFC for the public to ingest its products will be met with swift legal action," he added.
Working in conjunction with the Federal Trade Commission to defend consumers from what they call "blatant untruths regarding the edibility of KFC menu items," officials at the FCC have issued a list of acceptable words and phrases the restaurant can use in its television and print ads. While "eat," "feast on," and "taste" remain off-limits, the FCC has approved the use of "purchase," "be near to," "look at," and "hold."

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/kfc_no_longer_permitted_to_use?utm_source=b-section

butterflygazer

our KFc went out of business this year several months ago. They added A&W and that killed them over. Besides our KFC was always dirty.

FryBoy

I like the new El Pollo Loco ads that slam KFC's "grilled" chicken, pointing out that it's not only baked in an oven, but the marinade is made with beef powder, whatever the heck that is, and rendered beef fat. Yuck! http://www.beefychicken.com/

phreak

LOL, gotta love the onion. I'm not an animal rights nut, but if you see some of the footage of how the chickens are grown for KFC you might doubt that they are fit for human consumption.

Lefty

Yank
LOL, gotta love the onion. I'm not an animal rights nut, but if you see some of the footage of how the chickens are grown for KFC you might doubt that they are fit for human consumption.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
See..now I have to pay close attention to every other commercial to see if they are suggesting I might want to eat their product...

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Always liked The Onion. I was about to point out this is fake, but you took care of it Lefty! :thumb:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Fake or true, I have not eaten at KFC in years. Last time I walked in to our local unit it was filthy, and the help look like they were hired from a work release program...tatoos, piercings, multi-colored hair. Yep, I do judge some books by their cover, especially when I think in terms of e-coli. I turned around and walked out, never to cross their threshold again.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
KFC never seems to get their chicken all the way done, and the fat globs that lie beneath that wonderful 7 herb and spice skin is sickening.
I used to love their gizzards lol

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
The last time I went to KFC was about 8 years ago and after placing my order I went to use the restroom and before leaving I stopped to wash my hands. Out from one of the stalls came a female employee whom left and returned to the kitchen without washing. On my way out I informed the help that I know longer wanted my order and why and I left.
We no longer have a KFC in out area.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
hahhaha..got me there. I was so confused by the wording that I was actually getting all worked up over this.
Good job..:bonk:

butterflygazer

The last time I went to KFC was about 8 years ago and after placing my order I went to use the restroom and before leaving I stopped to wash my hands. Out from one of the stalls came a female employee whom left and returned to the kitchen without washing. On my way out I informed the help that I know longer wanted my order and why and I left.
We no longer have a KFC in out area.

WoW! you had it worse than me. i went there to order and a woman smart talk me and got an attude about what i ordered and because i wanted a hiring sheet!