6 tablespoons granulated sugar
7 cups flour

For Filling
4 tablespoons olive paste * See Note
100 grams (0.220 pounds) margarine

For Topping

1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon sesame
1 tablespoon black sesame (or poppy seeds)

Pour the milk and water together into the pot.

Add the granulated sugar and fresh yeast. Wait for 10 minutes until the yeast dissolves.

Add the salt, olive oil and egg. Then add the flour little by little. Knead well until it is soft enough.

Cover the pot and set aside for an hour until it rises.

Take palm sized pieces from the dough and roll them on your palm.

Spread dough pieces by using the rolling pin. Butter and smear olive paste equally.

olive-bagels-making.jpg

Do the same for the remaining dough and put them onto the oven tray with greased paper on it.

Set aside for an hour and after setting aside, preheat the oven to 180 °C (355 °F). Then egg wash all of them and sprinkle sesame and black sesame.

olive-bagels.jpg

Bake until their tops turn brown.

http://www.turkishfoodblog.com/recipes/olive-bagels-turkish-acma/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: Black Olive Paste

olive-paste6.jpg

Ingredients:
250 g / 8¾ oz of black olives (kalamata)
1 garlic clove
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil

Pour into a pot the pitted olives, the garlic and 1,5 tbsp of the olive oil and heat at medium heat for about 2-3min. Do not fry! The purpose of this step is to let the heat help intensify the flavor of each single ingredient.

Remove from the stove and pour the mixture into a food processor. Blend until creamy or until the consistency that you prefer.

The olive paste can be stored for several days. You can use the jar that the olives came with or any kind of bowl. The important thing in order to make it last longer is to cover the top of the paste with the remaining olive oil. This will prevent mold.

If you store it in the fridge, you might wanna take it out and let it rest before you eat it, as it tastes best at room temperature.

http://mediterranealicious.com/2013/10/25/pate-dolive-black-olive-paste/

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! My mouth is watering, Saliha!

Have you made these?

Spectacular!

Lee

Saliha

I know many immigrants in my city (I have worked before as the teacher of my language with them) and got a lot of friends from different cooking cultures. These ones I learnt to make by my Turkish students.

Yup they are as yummy as they are looking.

Somalian friends theached me to make sambosas, Iraqi Kurds wonderful dolma, Sri Lankas gave me many mango recipes.

I have to say that knowing people from several countries is very tasty experience.