Family BBQ turned to disaster!

Derek

Banned
Well I was cooking the ribns shown in the photo's below and my step tell me about 30 minutes into the cooking of ribs that he forgot to turn the heat after he shown me how to clean the grill, And he made me burn one half of the ribs.

I was so mad because I've done everything right but he forgot to metion the heat was still 500 degrees and I needed the ribs to be 225 - 300 degrees.

Anyways here's our ribs! The dinner was good and some of the ribs was good though.

527362622_w5UqC-L.jpg

527362711_kD7SE-L.jpg

527362882_qCHah-L.jpg

527362830_x7maC-L.jpg

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Very nice pics, Derek. Sorry some burned but they still looked delicious. (I have learned not to let it bother me when something burns. I'm just happy it's not the house that's burning!) What did you have for side dishes?

Derek

Banned
Very nice pics, Derek. Sorry some burned but they still looked delicious. (I have learned not to let it bother me when something burns. I'm just happy it's not the house that's burning!) What did you have for side dishes?
Salad and slaw! Thanks FM, That's what my mom said, and I forgot my own bbq sauce, I had to use sweet baby's RAY'S "YUCK"

nothing wrong with a little char ...
Well it was a lot char and we had to pick threw the meat for some good meat.

By the way I had a blast grilling, and they're going to let me grill every weekend since it wasn't my fault, It was my step dad's for not telling me about the temp gauge.

Love2"Q"

always test your heat ..
and always keep an eye on it ...
it is the number one thing to look for when grilling ..

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
hey i like sweet baby rays..its my go to sauce when i am too lazy to make my own..lol

he must be doing something right win awards for his sauce and sell as much as they do...lol

dont worry about the charring...we all have our moments...i can guarantee that you will never forget to check the temps for yourself again..lol

Derek

Banned
always test your heat ..
and always keep an eye on it ...
it is the number one thing to look for when grilling ..
I didn't know that It's my first time to actually use a gas grill, All I know I will never put meat on the grill until I check the temp!

hey i like sweet baby rays..its my go to sauce when i am too lazy to make my own..lol

he must be doing something right win awards for his sauce and sell as much as they do...lol

dont worry about the charring...we all have our moments...i can guarantee that you will never forget to check the temps for yourself again..lol
Well My sauce has heat it, about 1 full tablespoon of your hot sauce, And your right bro, I'm never going to forget it, The reason he had it on high heat was to clean clean it from sitting during the winter.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
i have a very similar grill... it cooks nice ribs...

preheat the grill... turn it on medium-high, put some wood chips on one side... turn off the other side and put your ribs on there...turn the heat down to low...forget about it for awhile but keep looking at your temp guage...everything will turn out

e16qur.jpg

Derek

Banned

preheat the grill... turn it on medium-high, put some wood chips on one side... turn off the other side and put your ribs on there...turn the heat down to low...forget about it for awhile but keep looking at your temp guage...everything will turn out

e16qur.jpg
Ok I will do that when I do ribs again, but for now I'm going to learn on less costly meat such as dogs, t bones, and other good low cost grilling meats.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
T-bones are low cost? Where do you buy them?

surprisingly, in michigan you can get really good cuts of meet for fairly cheap..i had a place that i use to buy porterhouse steaks for less than $5/lb...and the same place use to give me my babybacks for $3/lb

Derek

Banned
surprisingly, in michigan you can get really good cuts of meet for fairly cheap..i had a place that i use to buy porterhouse steaks for less than $5/lb...and the same place use to give me my babybacks for $3/lb
care to let this secret out of your bag Jeff?

I love baby backs.

And I have an idea for the Test kitchen, but I will grill on the foreman for now, until next weekend.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
slather your ribs with table mustard or worchestershire sauce...apply rub...wrapped in plastic wrap...put in fridge overnight... some people apply more rub the next day..i personally dont..cook

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter

e16qur.jpg

We have the same grill as you! lol

Derek

Banned
Jeff, the next time I do ribs I will have my mom or my step dad do that part, Since the grill is at they're place I will have to go over there.

By the way I heard about slow cooking the ribs on medium for 30 minutes.

Love2"Q"

just keep this in mind, derek ...
no matter how the food turns out ..
(it is nice when it is great)
you are spending time with the family
and it really doesnt get much better than that ..

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
just keep this in mind, derek ...
no matter how the food turns out ..
(it is nice when it is great)
you are spending time with the family
and it really doesnt get much better than that ..

exactly... cooking is 25% about the food...75% about the fellowship...

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Sorry, Derek, we hijacked your thread. I think your family get together combined with the pics of ribs is making us all want to hang out and make great food! You've inspired us!