Krispy Kreme Ice Cream

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Okay, I figured, why not?

2 large eggs (since the eggs are not cooked, you may want to use pasteurized eggs)
3/4 cup of sugar
2 cups of heavy cream
1 cup of whole milk
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (not the imitation stuff)
4 Krispy Kreme donuts

In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time. Once you've added all of the sugar, continue whisking another minute or so until completely blended. Add the heavy cream, whole milk and vanilla. Mix well.

Chop the donuts up until they resemble coarse crumbs. Add to the ice cream mixture. Mix well. Refrigerate until well chilled, at least an hour or two.

Freeze according to manufacturers directions. Makes about 1 1/2 quarts.

This is absolutely amazing!

Attachments

• krispy-kreme-ice-cream.jpg
    krispy-kreme-ice-cream.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,135
Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
And did you serve the ice cream atop a Krispy Kreme Donut?????

Holy moly! LOL! Can I try just one bite??

Lee

buckytom

Grill Master
hell, i'll marry lou if it gets me some of that donut ice cream...

unbelievable, mama. great job!!!:chef:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Cooksie, the base recipe is actually Ben & Jerry's sweet cream base and I added the donuts to it. I got the book the other day from Amazon

Attachments

• benandjerrys.jpg
    benandjerrys.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,054

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Well, they could use some help from you with flavors. I watched a show the other night about B&J's where they showed their flavor graveyard, the place they bury their recipes for the flavors that didn't sell and were pulled. At one time they actually had a gravy ice cream and a beer ice cream :yuk:.

That looks like a fun cookbook.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Well, they could use some help from you with flavors. I watched a show the other night about B&J's where they showed their flavor graveyard, the place they bury their recipes for the flavors that didn't sell and were pulled. At one time they actually had a gravy ice cream and a beer ice cream :yuk:.

That looks like a fun cookbook.

Eeeewwwwwwww.

It is a fun cookbook. Lots of good recipes and information about ice cream. I can't remember how much it was but it was less than $10 including shipping.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Made a batch this afternoon. Did some quality control on a warm Krispy Kreme doughnut before popping it in the freezer :lol:

Attachments

• krispy-kreme-ice-cream.jpg
    krispy-kreme-ice-cream.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 975