Peep's Linguine and White Clam Sauce

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Peep's Linguine and White Clam Sauce

Tiny baby clams in shells (these are so small you buy them by the lb., I would say they are about the size of a quarter and worth looking for)
OR 3 (6 1/2 oz) cans baby, minced or chopped clams with liquid (I used canned tonight)
OR cleaned clams (out of shells from seafood store) with clam juice (you may need to add some bottled clam juice if there isn't enough included with the cleaned clams)
Olive oil - 1/2 cup
Fresh garlic - 4 cloves minced fine or grated
Fresh parsley - 1/2 cup minced fine
Ground hot pepper flakes - to taste
Salt - to taste
Ground black pepper - to taste
Lemon juice - splash - to taste
Dry white wine - your favorite - splash - to taste

1 lb. linguine - cooked in salted water then drained
Grated Romano and Parmesan cheeses - optional topping

If using clams in shells: Scrub clam shells thoroughly. Heat pot over medium heat. Place oil in pot. Add garlic and cook just till fragrant. Place clams and all other ingredients except linguine and cheese in a pot. Bring to a boil lower heat, cover and cook just till clam shells open. (Do not over cook or clams become rubbery). Each person serves themselves and pulls clams out of shells.

If using canned or cleaned clams: Heat pan over medium heat. Place oil in pan. Add garlic and cook just till fragrant. Place clams, clam juice and all other ingredients except linguine and cheese in a pan. Heat over medium heat just till hot. (Do not over cook or clams become rubbery)

Place cooked linguine in pan with sauce and toss well. May add cheese to each serving.

white_clam_sauce_100609_P1040378.JPG

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
thank you both and you're welcome!! let me know what you think and post pics please if you try it.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
You and I use the same recipe, lol. I've had this for years and it's a family favorite served with garlic sourdough - great for dipping in the sauce, lol :)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
You and I use the same recipe, lol. I've had this for years and it's a family favorite served with garlic sourdough - great for dipping in the sauce, lol :)
:yum: great minds!! the garlic bread and cheese on top were great!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Peeps, this looks great and the recipe sounds wonderful. I think I'm going to try this one soon.:applause:
thank you SS. please let me know what you think and post pics if possible. your plating is always so beautiful.