DW

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
WooHoo! Keltin's in the house! I'm so glad to see you back and I'm praying with the rest of your friends here that you get positive news at the appointment on Tuesday. Let us know what we can do to support you.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
BT, I know you're only joking but there is a time and place for everyting and this is neither the time nor the place....:furious:

Biskit

Ohhhh! Leave BT alone,:twak: Mama! He's tossing in his articulate sense of humor as is his style. Lightens the mood and doesn't hurt a thing.

Bucky's my bud! :clap:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
It’s just BT. Can’t really fault him for it. I see him as our lovable Coprolalia member. But considering that he is typing the post, maybe it’s more like Coprographia. :lol:

Type on BT! :biggrin:

homecook

Oh Carp!! How did I miss seeing this thread?

Keltin, you know my feelings on this. I won't repeat them.........stay strong, my friend and you have all the love and support you could possibly want right here and more!!!

Tell Lisa......God bless her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Ohhhh! Leave BT alone,:twak: Mama! He's tossing in his articulate sense of humor as is his style. Lightens the mood and doesn't hurt a thing.

Bucky's my bud! :clap:

No, I won't leave Bucky alone....I like him too but that was in VERY poor taste...:ermm:

GotGarlic

Keltin, it sounds like the new doc will be just what Lisa and you need - he's well trained and experienced in the specialty required, so that's great. Best wishes to you both. I know what it's like to live with a chronic disease - life does go on, and it's certainly easier for her when she has a strong, caring dude like you to be there for her :smile: Take care.

Wasabi

No, I won't leave Bucky alone....I like him too but that was in VERY poor taste...:ermm:

Would you tell a very worried and stressed female member who wants to share that her DH has testicular cancer to tell him his balls were very important to us? Her "boobs" have cancer in them. It's no laughing matter. I love ya bucky, but you did go over the line.

buckytom

Grill Master
i'm sorry if i offended anyone :sorry:.

as biskit said, it was only to lighten the mood. keltin didn't seem to have a problem with it, so that's all that really matters. the rest may judge me as they see fit. btw, ladies, i would never tell a joke like that to a woman.

just so you don't think i'm 2 faced about things, when i posted about going to ozzy's memorial (which is today.............now try and be angry at me :sad: ), i put it in chit chat, not seriously speaking. when i was asked if i wanted it moved to seriously speaking, i said that i didn't want someone to think they couldn't make a joke, or writing freely about the subject, so it was ok to leave it in chit chat. i'm a big boy; i can handle it.

ok, so say a bunch of nasty things to me about ozzy (i'm sure i've thought about them already) and we'll all get our catharsis.

have we distracted k long enough, for now?

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
BT, I read your post in the spirit it was intended, and actually thought it was a sweet thing for you to say! Everyone has a different way of showing caring and concern, and that's what I saw in your post.

Lee

Wasabi

Bucky, you're lucky you have a cute son..........I forgive you.:kiss:

Pray you have some kind of closure at Ozzy's memorial. Will be thinking of you today.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
BT, don't you ever lose that humor!! That has gotten you through many heartaches and it has helped many of us through ours!! I know what you are doing when you make a joke. You are one of the most genuinely sweet and caring people on here and I for one know in my heart that you would never intentionally offend anyone! :kiss:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
BT, don't you ever lose that humor!! That has gotten you through many heartaches and it has helped many of us through ours!! I know what you are doing when you make a joke. You are one of the most genuinely sweet and caring people on here and I for one know in my heart that you would never intentionally offend anyone! :kiss:
I agree Stacy, and this is what I said to Tom via PM word for word.

your boob joke (PM title)
Wasn't in the least bit offensive to me, and I knew Keltin wouldn't be offended either.
My family has been all too familiar with breast cancer over the last year, so I understand the humour that must be injected into situations at times in order to lighten the mood.

Having said that, I think I've gotten to know Keltin well enough to know that he wasn't/wouldn't be offended by it at all.
My sister had breast cancer. She bought me a pink ribbon t-shirt that says "Feel Your Boobies".. she had a double mastectomy.
You wouldn't believe the boob jokes that have been going on in our family since.
Her hubby asked her to have 40D's implanted when she had her reconstruction.
That got him a slap lol

There are some things in life you have to find humour in, because if you didn't, you'd be crying all the time.:flowers:

ALL THE BEST FOR A COMPLETE RECOVERY FOR LISA, KELTIN!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
It just all depends on how sensitive you are, and also WHO is making the remark. A stranger saying that may be problematic, but BT? Come on….it’s BT!! :lol:

My own sense of humor strays to the left on occasion, but I don’t display it here lest I risk offense.

However, I’ve always wanted to tell and modify this particular joke for TG. Sorry if it offends.

What do you tell a Husband that has two black eyes?
Nothing! He’s been told twice already!

:sorry:

But, uh……DO IT TG!!! Tell him twice! :yum:

Wasabi

Would you tell a very worried and stressed female member who wants to share that her DH has testicular cancer to tell him his balls were very important to us? Her "boobs" have cancer in them. It's no laughing matter. I love ya bucky, but you did go over the line.

If keltin gives the ok, then it ok with me.
Bucky said he WOULD tell another male the balls joke because it's a "man" thing.:yum: Bucky, you da man!

buckytom

Grill Master
geez louise! ya tell one off color joke about keltin's wife's cans, and the whole place gets discomboobulated.

what matters is that lisa is healthy, not if someone took offense to my idiocy. so ladies, make sure you perform self examination, and get a mommy-gram every year.

this has been a public service announcement. :mrgreen:

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
It just all depends on how sensitive you are, and also WHO is making the remark. A stranger saying that may be problematic, but BT? Come on….it’s BT!! :lol:

My own sense of humor strays to the left on occasion, but I don’t display it here lest I risk offense.

However, I’ve always wanted to tell and modify this particular joke for TG. Sorry if it offends.

What do you tell a Husband that has two black eyes?
Nothing! He’s been told twice already!

:sorry:

But, uh……DO IT TG!!! Tell him twice! :yum:

I've done worse!!:yum:

Biskit

geez louise! ya tell one off color joke about keltin's wife's cans, and the whole place gets discomboobulated.

what matters is that lisa is healthy, not if someone took offense to my idiocy. so ladies, make sure you perform self examination, and get a mommy-gram every year.

this has been a public service announcement. :mrgreen:

Or, see BT or myself, after the show, and we'll be happy to do it for you, free of charge! :whistling:

Now, nobody can say that BT or myself aren't public spirited fellas. :glare:

buckytom

Grill Master
i don't think biskit's package needs any more stimulation, to tell you the truth. :glare:

ok,. so how's dw, k?
well, i hope.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
i don't think biskit's package needs any more stimulation, to tell you the truth. :glare:

ok,. so how's dw, k?
well, i hope.

Ain't that the truth!!!

I do hope Lisa's feeling back in the pink, Keltin.

If she's anything like my sister, it's alllllllll going to be pink stuff from now on lol

For all the ladies out there, check your breasts OFTEN.

My sister and first cousin have both had breast cancer in the last year. I had a cyst that scared the sh!t out of me.
My Aunt Helen died from it back in '67.
We've come very far since those days in detection,surgery and treatments.
EARLY detection spells survival in most cases these days, sooooooooo
Gals:feel your boobies and do it often.
Guys: remind your wives and partners, lest they forget.
It's very, VERY important.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Ain't that the truth!!!

I do hope Lisa's feeling back in the pink, Keltin.

If she's anything like my sister, it's alllllllll going to be pink stuff from now on lol

For all the ladies out there, check your breasts OFTEN.

My sister and first cousin have both had breast cancer in the last year. I had a cyst that scared the sh!t out of me.
My Aunt Helen died from it back in '67.
We've come very far since those days in detection,surgery and treatments.
EARLY detection spells survival in most cases these days, sooooooooo
Gals:feel your boobies and do it often.
Guys: remind your wives and partners, lest they forget.
It's very, VERY important.

Odd thing is, we DID do the self exams, and have mashed and prodded her breasts monthly. But, even with diagnosis looming over us, we couldn’t feel it. The mammogram showed a slight blur, but the sonogram showed the tumor. All of which you couldn’t feel with your hands.

In short. Do what you can at home, but never ignore a Doctor’s visit with proper imaging equipment. Go at least once a year. Make that twice a year as you get older or if you might be high risk.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Odd thing is, we DID do the self exams, and have mashed and prodded her breasts monthly. But, even with diagnosis looming over us, we couldn’t feel it. The mammogram showed a slight blur, but the sonogram showed the tumor. All of which you couldn’t feel with your hands.

In short. Do what you can at home, but never ignore a Doctor’s visit with proper imaging equipment. Go at least once a year. Make that twice a year as you get older or if you might be high risk.

Breast cancer can be a sneaky devil, Keltin.. as you now know.
Now that I have 2 close loved ones having been afflicted with it, I am certainly very aware, moreso than ever before.
Some women tend to think it won't happen to them just because there is no family history, or that they are fit and active and follow all the rules of living healthy.
My own doctor has advised me on a yearly mammogram.
I'll be going for the major squish annually, and am squishing and probing almost daily in the shower.
-------

Women in their 40s and older should get a mammogram every 1 to 2 years. A woman's chance of getting breast cancer is greater as she ages.

Why should I have one?

Mammograms can save your life by finding breast cancer early. A mammogram can show cancer that is too small for you or your doctor to feel. When breast cancer is found early, you have more treatment options.

"Early detection will give you more treatment options and certainly a better chance to survive."

:a1:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Good advice, Lucky and Keltin. And BTW, you guys have a couple of things to check every month, too.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2fss9PTiSA[/ame]