Dylan's Crispy Pizza

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Dylan’s Crispy Pizza
This recipe makes two pizzas. I make half the recipe just for me. And eat the whole thing!
If you have self-rising flour (which I have) you do not even need to add the baking powder or the salt.

2 cups flour
1T honey
2T olive oil
1t baking powder
1/2 t salt
3/4 c water

Mix the ingredients together, make a flattened ball, let sit in a covered bowl for at least 15 minutes.

Heat oven to 450 with a pizza stone.

Roll out the dough verrrrrry thinly on a floured surface, as thin as you can get it and still fit it on your peel. Roll the pizza dough onto your rolling pin and then unroll it on your cornmeal-covered pizza peel. Shake it just a bit to make sure it isn’t sticking.

Top the pizza with your favorite toppings. Dylan makes a tomato sauce using canned tomatoes, minced garlic, a little sugar, and oregano. I made that and squeezed out a lot of water. You want the toppings to be on the dry side.

I also topped mine with sautéed mushrooms, pepperoni and a blend of shredded Italian cheeses. Dylan recommends grating your own block cheeses. Sprinkle with a little olive oil and more oregano or pizza seasonings.

Bake pizza for 9 minutes, and watch it carefully, so the edges get brown, but not burned.

Remove pizza from oven, sprinkle with grated parm cheese, let rest for a few minutes before slicing.

This is a delightful, crunchy pizza, with a high “toppings-to-crust” ratio. Satisfying and delicious!

Attachments

• 1 Pizza, dough.JPG
    1 Pizza, dough.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 113
  • 2 Pizza, topped.JPG
    2 Pizza, topped.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 107
  • 3 Pizza, in oven.JPG
    3 Pizza, in oven.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 108
  • 4 Pizza, cooked.JPG
    4 Pizza, cooked.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 111
  • 5 Pizza, cut.JPG
    5 Pizza, cut.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 116

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Mmmmm sure looks good.
Why would anyone ever have one of those drab frozen store bought pizzas when you can have something like Lee pic'd above in about the same amount of time ...and tastes thousands of times better.
Good one Lee. That's a keeper for sure for me. :thumb: :tiphat:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Nice job on the thin and crispy! That's how I like mine too. I've never mastered the "roll the pizza dough onto your rolling pin and then unroll it" trick. I use a wine bottle instead of a rolling pin :hide:, so that may have something to do with it.