Sunday Supper 1/15/12.........What's cookin?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I've got a chuck roast thawed. Beyond that, I haven't a clue.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Re: Sunday Supper 1/15/11....What's cookin?

i know oysters on the half for an appy. beyond that, probably a strip steak w/ gorgonzola.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter

It's chilly outside so it'll be chili inside. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0486b.jpg
    IMG_0486b.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 132

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

i know oysters on the half for an appy. beyond that, probably a strip steak w/ gorgonzola.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH Invite me for steak and blue!! YUMMY You can have all the oysters. BUT if you can manage some little necks on the half I would loves those.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

I have baked pasta (I will decide on which type pasta later) and salad planned.

Last edited:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

DW picked up two frying chickens for $.89/#, so I've got them in a roaster ready to go in the oven.

RoastedChicken011512.jpg

I also have carrots & broccoli all cut up that will get steamed and candied, and potatoes mashed with butter, sour cream and parmesan cheese, topped with pan gravy.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

DW picked up two frying chickens for $.89/#, so I've got them in a roaster ready to go in the oven.

RoastedChicken011512.jpg

I also have carrots & broccoli all cut up that will get steamed and candied, and potatoes mashed with butter, sour cream and parmesan cheese, topped with pan gravy.
What time is dinner and what should I bring? YUM

Leni

I'm making a blackberry pie this afternoon. Peeps, why don't you bring some really good French vanilla ice cream?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

I'm making a blackberry pie this afternoon. Peeps, why don't you bring some really good French vanilla ice cream?
LOL OK Joe set 2 more places at the table! I'll bring the ice cream for the pie and some garlic butter for that wonderful bread. HMMMMMMMM on second thought IS there any bread left? LOL

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH Invite me for steak and blue!! YUMMY You can have all the oysters. BUT if you can manage some little necks on the half I would loves those.

ur invited- i have those, too! i know we like steak similarly. i hope u like kitties~ wait, let's just rent a banquet hall, the entire slew of us. hehe! yum.....

Last edited:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

LOL OK Joe set 2 more places at the table! I'll bring the ice cream for the pie and some garlic butter for that wonderful bread. HMMMMMMMM on second thought IS there any bread left? LOL
All the bread is gone...sorry. This will be a "breadless" meal.

Embryodad

Well... Today was procuctive..as far as cooking goes.

I made overnight in the slow cooker..a Bean with Ham soup. It was great! I surprized me self.:chef:

Then I made Eggplant Meatballs...with the frozen in water eggplant cubes I prepped last summer.

Then.. DW made a pan of stuffed shells with ricotta.
(Sams Club )..they are good...

We then have some dessert of Doghnuts to munch on.
We ate early....this way we can re pick all day till it's time to go to bed...uh errr I mean sleep.:yum:

Lots of pictures.... sorry!

d170acf7.jpg

461fc5fc.jpg

442a723d.jpg

a3ac17ca.jpg

54d2a9a7.jpg

f5189e2e.jpg

173bf51a.jpg

5c7b2c95.jpg

Oh! And Yes peep.....The meatball on my dish was covered with grated cheese.....Had to put that on hold while I took the picture...because the meatball could not be seen under all the cheese I use! L O L ..;)

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

It was all good. The fatted calf is in his chair while it settles, then I'll have some apple crisp and vanilla ice cream.

Dinner011512.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

OH YUMMMY!! Jimmy and Joe WOW what beautiful meals. :clap: :applause:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Baked penne (LOTS of cheese!!) and salad

011512_baked_penne_P1090306.jpg

011512_baked_penne_salad_P1090310.jpg

Embryodad

It was all good. The fatted calf is in his chair while it settles, then I'll have some apple crisp and vanilla ice cream.

Dinner011512.jpg

Thanks Joe... Your meal looks like Wow!
I see you like pepper on your taters too!

OH YUMMMY!! Jimmy and Joe WOW what beautiful meals. :clap: :applause:

Thanks peep... I should do all that jumping and hand clapping after what I ate, and I didn't attack the cinnamon doughnuts yet. I have to wait for room.

Now I know there is always room for Jello.
Too bad...Jello don't tast anything close to a doughnut in my book!

See... I have a trick for eating doughnuts.
I cut them in 1/4's.. then its a little piece now..and anther little piece later. This way in my mind I see little small doughnuts, and I don't feel guilty. L O L

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Peep...whare are the penne... all I see is cheese.
I love lots and lots of cheese like that!

Good Job!
Thank you Jimmy. They are in there somewhere. LOL It is mostly ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan and romano. LOL

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i made a 'lil bagel & cream cheese (the lox i bought was way too salty- the saltiest i've gotten yet- so i only put a few slivers on.) drank an ensure. dinner went by the wayside, as my Mom was here & i only snoozed fer 2 hours last nite. (& trying to get onto a normal schedule for a week & a half). i'm too tired to cook now.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Looks fantastic EVERYONE! We got our first snowfall of the season today so to keep us all warm we had my famous lasagne & sourdough garlic bread :)

GotGarlic

It's a good night for comfort food, so I made meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, and beef gravy. Mmmm.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
How wonderful it would be to have an NCT pot luck dinner. Everything looks and sounds amazing!

I cooked the chuck roast in the pressure cooker and used the leftover rice from last night along with some peas. It hit the spot. Wish I'd have made some bread to go with it.

Attachments

• dinner01162012.jpg
    dinner01162012.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 109

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
How wonderful it would be to have an NCT pot luck dinner. Everything looks and sounds amazing!

I cooked the chuck roast in the pressure cooker and used the leftover rice from last night along with some peas. It hit the spot. Wish I'd have made some bread to go with it.
OH MAMA!! :wow::thumb:

lilylove

Well... our dinner will not be as exciting as yours. I just have some very cheap steak that I'm going to fry up and the cover with my bbq sauce...

and this cabbage dish

melt 2 teaspoons of butter in a pan
add 2 teaspoons olive oil
add crushed garlic to taste
cook until garlic is soft but not brown
add cabbage (or any other veggie that you want) and toss in the oil making sure it gets all over all the veggie.
add chicken broth and boil until cabbage is soft
drain juices and add more butter.

I used brussel sprouts and broccolii yesterday and it was delish.
:)

Embryodad

i made a 'lil bagel & cream cheese (the lox i bought was way too salty- the saltiest i've gotten yet- so i only put a few slivers on.) drank an ensure. dinner went by the wayside, as my Mom was here & i only snoozed fer 2 hours last nite. (& trying to get onto a normal schedule for a week & a half). i'm too tired to cook now.

Luvs..you'll be up all night drinking water from thirst from all that salty fish. hahaha

Looks fantastic EVERYONE! We got our first snowfall of the season today so to keep us all warm we had my famous lasagne & sourdough garlic bread :)

rickismom ....Lasagna and garlic bread I'm sure will keep you warm. At least your breath..hahahahaha

It's a good night for comfort food, so I made meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, and beef gravy. Mmmm.

Sounds Great. Gotta have Gravy! Ummmm.

Mama ........ Pressure cooking can be a great taste sensation.
My Mom made such great roasts in the pressure cooker when she worked.

Well... our dinner will not be as exciting as yours. I just have some very cheap steak that I'm going to fry up and the cover with my bbq sauce...

and this cabbage dish

melt 2 teaspoons of butter in a pan
add 2 teaspoons olive oil
add crushed garlic to taste
cook until garlic is soft but not brown
add cabbage (or any other veggie that you want) and toss in the oil making sure it gets all over all the veggie.
add chicken broth and boil until cabbage is soft
drain juices and add more butter.

I used brussel sprouts and broccolii yesterday and it was delish.
:)

lillylove .... we grew up on the what they called "Round Steak!" we seriously did not know a thing about sirloin or strip steaks. Oh! Yeah!..Once in a while a Delmonico steak, but rarely.
Personally...I like the taste better than the top cuts of beef.

When DW would cut a sirloin in the butcher shop, and bring it home for dinner and the freezing of the rest for later meals...My daughter and son would say..Yuck!!!...I /we hate that steak. We like Grandmas flat steak so we could chew it.

Seriously...they never liked the taste of sirloin.