Monday 1/9/2012 What's the plan Stan?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Sorry The Paul Simon song is running through my head. LOL

Well there is about maybe a pint and a half of chili left and brown rice. I know hub will want 2 chili dogs for breakfast when he gets home from work shortly and I will probably have join him. So that will use up aboyt 8 TBSPS of the chili. LOL

Dinner may be chili dogs to use up the rest. But that may change. Who knows.

What's your plan?

Embryodad

Boy peeps mention of Chli Dogs got me thinking.
Hmmm!!... I was thinking of egg salad and tuna salad sammies...but now I'm thinking hot dogs.

I have pita pockets..and hot dogs..and fresh Italian mild sausage..and lots and lots of onions, and potatoes...Hmmm! I could see it now!
Italian Hot dog sammie..with the oil and fried potatoes....and biting into the pocked with the delicious drippage of oil on my chin & napkin feathers stuck to my bearded face and sticky fingers . Yes! I lick my fingers!...That's the best part!

I'll make something soft for DW like the egg salad. I don't want her to hurt her jaw / gums after the Dentist today!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Hub and I had chili dogs for breakfast when he got home from work.

Dinner is still unsure BUT it down to one of these .....
Dinner plan 1 - Choice of - chili with rice, chili dog, chili burger, plain cheeseburger, sloppy joe. All extras on the side to choose from.

Dinner plan 2 - Broiled chuck steak with blue cheese butter.

Sides for either - Tossed salad and/or fresh broccoli (may be raw in salad or steamed and dressed or both not sure yet). Starch will be buns or rice for dinner plan 1 not sure about dinner plan 2.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Boy peeps mention of Chli Dogs got me thinking.
Hmmm!!... I was thinking of egg salad and tuna salad sammies...but now I'm thinking hot dogs.

I have pita pockets..and hot dogs..and fresh Italian mild sausage..and lots and lots of onions, and potatoes...Hmmm! I could see it now!
Italian Hot dog sammie..with the oil and fried potatoes....and biting into the pocked with the delicious drippage of oil on my chin & napkin feathers stuck to my bearded face and sticky fingers . Yes! I lick my fingers!...That's the best part!

I'll make something soft for DW like the egg salad. I don't want her to hurt her jaw / gums after the Dentist today!
I haven't had an Italian dog in quite awhile. We used to get the on hero rolls never had one in a pita before but it sounds much less filling. I like to fill up on the meat and not the bread so I would probably like the pita version.

Embryodad

I haven't had an Italian dog in quite awhile. We used to get the on hero rolls never had one in a pita before but it sounds much less filling. I like to fill up on the meat and not the bread so I would probably like the pita version.
Exactly..less filling.

That's the reason I like the pita breads for that reason.
Last night I had a sausage and pappers.....and I was still hungry after that.

Tonight we'll be having Turkey Cutlets Piccata, along with olive-oil roasted potatoes, steamed fresh marjoram & buttered green beans, plus the usual green salad (with marinated olives & feta).

lilylove

Going to make the chicken that I was going to make last night. We decided to eat out last night. :)

Leni

I'm going to start a pot of spaghetti sauce. DH has been hinting that he wants my home made spaghetti for a while. I also have a tri-tip that I want to smoke.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sorry The Paul Simon song is running through my head. LOL

That's a good one to have going thru your head. I love Paul Simon's music. :thumb:

Looks like we'll be buying out and taking home tonight. DW has an appointment after work and we're riding together ....so won't be time for cooking when we get home. We'll might get pizza ....... or ......??????? we'll come up with something.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
That's a good one to have going thru your head. I love Paul Simon's music. :thumb:

Looks like we'll be buying out and taking home tonight. DW has an appointment after work and we're riding together ....so won't be time for cooking when we get home. We'll might get pizza ....... or ......??????? we'll come up with something.
Hop on the bus Gus get a new key Lee just listen to me ........ Lalalala LOL

I vote for take-out chinese!! LOL

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I don't know about dinner yet, but I can tell you about lunch. It was a concoction! I had some leftover eggroll filling, so I put it over ramen noodles. I was surprised at how good it was. Doesn't take much to please me.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That sounds good Cooksie!!!!

DW would sure go for take out Chinese. :yum: Love that General TSO!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I don't know about dinner yet, but I can tell you about lunch. It was a concoction! I had some leftover eggroll filling, so I put it over ramen noodles. I was surprised at how good it was. Doesn't take much to please me.
YUMMY cooksie!!
BTW way have posted your eggroll recipe? I have been looking over recipes and have been mixing and matching ingredients to try and come up with something my family will like. Not to big on seafood filling. Meat and/or veggies are the ones I have been looking at.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
YUMMY cooksie!!
BTW way have posted your eggroll recipe? I have been looking over recipes and have been mixing and matching ingredients to try and come up with something my family will like. Not to big on seafood filling. Meat and/or veggies are the ones I have been looking at.

I thought I had earlier in the Chinese Challenge, but I just listed ingredients. I'm sure glad that I went over there and looked. I spied SS's potstickers. Those will be coming up soon.

I did it a little differently this time too. Started out with the recipe on the Wing Hing Egg Roll Wrap pkg, but went way off track.

Rough estimate:

Combine and let sit while you chop vegetables:
1/4 lb ground pork
1 t cornstarch
1 T sherry
1 t grated ginger
1 t soy sauce
peanut oil

Cook the above, turn off the heat and add:

1 carrot - cleaned and shredded (I used a vegetable peeler, easy :))
About 2 cups, loose pack, shredded cabbage
1 T oyster sauce

ETA::biggrin: Roll filling in egg roll wrappers and deep fry until golden.

Dipping Sauce:
Didn't Measure :):
Soy Sauce
Rice Vinegar
Fresh ginger

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I thought I had earlier in the Chinese Challenge, but I just listed ingredients. I'm sure glad that I went over there and looked. I spied SS's potstickers. Those will be coming up soon.

I did it a little differently this time too. Started out with the recipe on the Wing Hing Egg Roll Wrap pkg, but went way off track.

Rough estimate:

Combine and let sit while you chop vegetables:
1/4 lb ground pork
1 t cornstarch
1 T sherry
1 t grated ginger
1 t soy sauce
peanut oil

Cook the above, turn off the heat and add:

1 carrot - cleaned and shredded (I used a vegetable peeler, easy :))
About 2 cups, loose pack, shredded cabbage
1 T oyster sauce

Dipping Sauce:
Didn't Measure :):
Soy Sauce
Rice Vinegar
Fresh ginger
Thank you and this loooks YUMMY.
Then follow rolling/wrapping and frying instructions on the wrapper package?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Hub and I had chili dogs for breakfast when he got home from work.

Dinner is still unsure BUT it down to one of these .....
Dinner plan 1 - Choice of - chili with rice, chili dog, chili burger, plain cheeseburger, sloppy joe. All extras on the side to choose from.

Dinner plan 2 - Broiled chuck steak with blue cheese butter.

Sides for either - Tossed salad and/or fresh broccoli (may be raw in salad or steamed and dressed or both not sure yet). Starch will be buns or rice for dinner plan 1 not sure about dinner plan 2.
I think we will most likely be going with dinner plan 2. I will either stove top grill on my CI grill pan or under broiler 2 thin chuck steaks and serve with tossed salad and blue cheese compound butter (I will probably be the only one eating the butter .... more for me!! :thumb:) LOL I don't think there will be a carb tonight - they will have to deal with it. LOL

But in this house things change quickly so .................

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Oh Cooksie....that does sound good!

Rib eye steak is on the menu tonight with augratin potatoes and mustard greens.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I think we will most likely be going with dinner plan 2. I will either stove top grill on my CI grill pan or under broiler 2 thin chuck steaks and serve with tossed salad and blue cheese compound butter (I will probably be the only one eating the butter .... more for me!! :thumb:) LOL I don't think there will be a carb tonight - they will have to deal with it. LOL

But in this house things change quickly so .................
OK It is final hub came home a said SLOPPY JOE's LOL And my taste buds were all set for steak and salad. Oh well. It's all good. Tomorrow the steak will be even better for the waiting.

Well, hubby just called to say that he just left work & traffic is backed up up the wazoo thanks to the unexpected snow we're having. While there's currently only 2 wet inches on the ground, many roads are slick due to the rapidly dropping temps.

Am thinking I may nix my original "Turkey Cutlet Piccata" plan, & since I have frozen sliced okra & Chicken Andouille sausages in the freezer, break out a "Zatarain's" rice mix & cook that up with a green salad on the side. Much easier to throw together when homecoming may be unexpectedly late.

Embryodad

Jimmy checkin in here...:

Nothing worth while making or eating tonight; and DW is in pain and confusion from her dentist visit / repairs today.
Tooth and jaw infection is playing heck on her, and she is unbeleiving this because she takes such good care of her teeth.
Unfortunately posts and caps don't last forever...and as the body ages..so do the jaw structures. I feel so bad for her. it will all get better soon with the help of God.

She tried to eat a egg salad sammie, but with no enthusiasm.
Tomorrow's another day, and time will heal.

DD was over, and brought Venison Kielbasi and chicken (not for me)..so I guess I will dither and mush over that. L O L

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
red beans & rice with smoked sausage and lots of bread :)

ivllbn.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
thinking the half of the fish trimmed from that that i cooked yesterday- it should be juicy & tender enough for a few minutes of foil-wrapped broiling. sides, as usual, iiiiiiii dunno. i'm so picky 'bout starches these days- corn or succotash would make for a good starch. haven't made either in awhile.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
DW pan fried some ham slices just to heat them up, and we had them with potato salad I made yesterday. I made it using mayo and sour cream instead of just mayo, and it was delicious. No time for pics as we had to go to a wake of a friend off ours. He was such a well like guy that we waited in line for 75 minutes before we got to talk to e family. Should be a big funeral mass tomorrow, as he was very active in our church.

Embryodad

DW pan fried some ham slices just to heat them up, and we had them with potato salad I made yesterday. I made it using mayo and sour cream instead of just mayo, and it was delicious. No time for pics as we had to go to a wake of a friend off ours. He was such a well like guy that we waited in line for 75 minutes before we got to talk to e family. Should be a big funeral mass tomorrow, as he was very active in our church.
So sorry for the loss of your friend Joe.
May he rest in peace, and be with our holy father, our Lord...God