Site Supporter
3 large apples, peeled, cored and sliced thick
1/2 cup of butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup of brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 to 1/2 cup of hot water

Melt the butter, add the salt and brown sugar. Cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes. Add the apples and continue cooking until apples give up their juice and then the juice thickens and the apples become tender. Add the cinnamon, nutmeg and enough water to make it the desired consistency. Stir and continue cooking another 3 to 4 minutes.

Attachments

• breakfast11-12-2011-1.jpg
    breakfast11-12-2011-1.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 177

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Holy mackerel, Mama! What all is on that plate????

Lee

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Steak, eggs, hash brown and fried apples poured over a hot out of the oven buttermilk biscuit :biggrin:

Leni

OMG Mama. If I ate all of that for breakfast I'd weigh 500 lbs. That's close to what I eat for an entire day. Now, can you send me a care package?

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
3 large apples, peeled, cored and sliced thick
1/2 cup of butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup of brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 to 1/2 cup of hot water

Melt the butter, add the salt and brown sugar. Cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes. Add the apples and continue cooking until apples give up their juice and then the juice thickens and the apples become tender. Add the cinnamon, nutmeg and enough water to make it the desired consistency. Stir and continue cooking another 3 to 4 minutes.

I fried some sliced apples like that several years ago and oh was it good. :)

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
OMG Mama. If I ate all of that for breakfast I'd weigh 500 lbs. That's close to what I eat for an entire day. Now, can you send me a care package?

:lol: Me too Leni :lol: That was breakfast for me, DH and 2 dogs.

It was good LS!

Guts

mama those apples look absolutely delicious. What kind of apples do you prefer would you use a tart apple or a sweet Apple/example being red delicious or granny Smith

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I just use whatever I have on hand. You may need to adjust the sugar depending upon your choice of apples. McIntosh probably wouldn't be a good choice though since it would probably become mush. I used Honeycrisp this time.