What are you Baking today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I found some Pillsbury frozen biscuits in the freezer so we had biscuits after all :thumb:.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Mama, once again we think alike. I made CI's Blueberry muffins with the streusel topping on Tuesday and took them in to work. (The ones with the jam swirled into the centers).

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 135

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Mama, once again we think alike. I made CI's Blueberry muffins with the streusel topping on Tuesday and took them in to work. (The ones with the jam swirled into the centers).
OH OH OH Those look awesome also SS!!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

That's funny...how many times have we done that now? :lol:

I saw that recipe in the ATK cookbook and thought about it but I wanted to use up my bananas so I found a recipe that I could adjust on the internet and then used the streusel topping recipe for the ATK crumb cake.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
That's funny...how many times have we done that now? :lol:

I saw that recipe in the ATK cookbook and thought about it but I wanted to use up my bananas so I found a recipe that I could adjust on the internet and then used the streusel topping recipe for the ATK crumb cake.
:waiting:for recipe!! LOL The chicken is done!! LOL J/K

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Had a free afternoon, so I used it to make honey whole wheat loaves and 22 multi-grain sandwich thins. I took one loaf and 10 thins to some friends that I just did a renovation project for, and the rest went in the freezer.

P1030653.jpg

P1030654.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
That's alright Peepers...your thinking that highly of my muffins made me smile.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I just took a loaf of honey wheat bread out of the oven

Attachments

• bread06092011.jpg
    bread06092011.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 129

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I thought I posted the muffins I made last week but I don't see the post.

Ok here are Mama's banana blueberry muffins (I made last week +/-)

052811_banana_blueberry_muffin_2_P1080495.JPG

Last edited:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
It's hot here too Peepers....98°....thank goodness for central air :lol:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
It's DD's birthday today. I baked a red velvet cake this morning and made her a red velvet/white chocolate mousse trifle. Hope she likes it!

Attachments

• redvelvetwhitechocolatemoussetrifle.jpg
    redvelvetwhitechocolatemoussetrifle.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 117

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
It's DD's birthday today. I baked a red velvet cake this morning and made her a red velvet/white chocolate mousse trifle. Hope she likes it!
OH MY LORD Mama!! That looks fantastic!! Whats in there BESIDES whipped cream (YUMMY BTW)?

I have never had RVC. What flavor is it?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Peepers. The red velvet cake is a light chocolate cake. It used a lot of whipped cream between the mousse and the whipped cream layer, I used a whole quart. I made a white chocolate mousse using melted white chocolate chips, cream cheese and whipped cream. The layers were:
1 layer of cake
1/2 of white chocolate mousse
1 layer with chocolate chips and maraschino cherries
1/2 of whipped cream
1 layer of cake
the other half of the white chocolate mousse
sprinkle with more chocolate chips and maraschino cherries
Top with the rest of the whipped cream and sprinkle with cake crumbs and chocolate chips. I saved a dollop of whipped cream for the very top and then topped with another cherry.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thanks Peepers. The red velvet cake is a light chocolate cake. It used a lot of whipped cream between the mousse and the whipped cream layer, I used a whole quart. I made a white chocolate mousse using melted white chocolate chips, cream cheese and whipped cream. The layers were:
1 layer of cake
1/2 of white chocolate mousse
1 layer with chocolate chips and maraschino cherries
1/2 of whipped cream
1 layer of cake
the other half of the white chocolate mousse
sprinkle with more chocolate chips and maraschino cherries
Top with the rest of the whipped cream and sprinkle with cake crumbs and chocolate chips. I saved a dollop of whipped cream for the very top and then topped with another cherry.
WOW sounds great. I would need all those recipes LOL. I may want to make this in the future. I will want to use my devils food cake, cherries, strawberry (fresh and/or preserves for both berries) and coconut in addition to the mousse (which I have never made some I will need help with that) sort of a black forest+ trifle. Is that do-able and can I trouble you for instructions?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
WOW sounds great. I would need all those recipes LOL. I may want to make this in the future. I will want to use my devils food cake, cherries, strawberry (fresh and/or preserves for both berries) and coconut in addition to the mousse (which I have never made some I will need help with that) sort of a black forest+ trifle. Is that do-able and can I trouble you for instructions?

That sounds wonderful Peeper. I have step by step pics but I don't have time this afternoon to put the page together on my website. I'll try to get it done tomorrow.

The mousse was 8 ounces of white chocolate chips (melted and cooled). I whipped 8 ounces of softened cream cheese until light and fluffy and mixed in the cooled and melted chocolate (you could even use semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips if you wanted a brown chocolate layer). Set aside.

I then whipped the quart of whipped cream with 1/2 cup of sugar. I divided the finished whipped cream equally into 2 bowls.

I then folded the chocolate mixture into 1/2 of the whipped cream to make the mousse.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
That sounds wonderful Peeper. I have step by step pics but I don't have time this afternoon to put the page together on my website. I'll try to get it done tomorrow.

The mousse was 8 ounces of white chocolate chips (melted and cooled). I whipped 8 ounces of softened cream cheese until light and fluffy and mixed in the cooled and melted chocolate (you could even use semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips if you wanted a brown chocolate layer). Set aside.

I then whipped the quart of whipped cream with 1/2 cup of sugar. I divided the finished whipped cream equally into 2 bowls.

I then folded the chocolate mixture into 1/2 of the whipped cream to make the mousse.
OK Thank you Mama. I won't be attemping this for awhile so don't go crackers on my account. Maybe after vaction.

I may just make the mousse base then divide in 1/2 and do 1/2 white chocolate and 1/2 bittersweet. Maybe added cocoa powder to 1/2 the whipped cream also.

Please let me know when/where to look for your directions so I can save it till I can make it. I will never find this post after a week or so LOL

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
After having Alexa for the weekend I wanted to send a treat home with the family, so I made soft pretzels using 1/3 whole wheat flour, 2/3 white flour. they don't color-up as nicely as the all white ones, but they taste really good.

P1030813.jpg

P1030814.jpg

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oh, I do miss those wonderful Oregon raspberries. I have the cream, but I'd never get it there before it spoiled.:sorry:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Well, the verdict is in and the Maple Glazed Praline Banana Bundt Cake is a winner! I'm working on writing up the recipe for my website now. As soon as it's done, I'll post it here as well. Hopefully, I'll have it done tonight, if not, for sure by tomorrow morning. :chef:

Attachments

• banana-bundt-cake-00.jpg
    banana-bundt-cake-00.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 141
  • banana-bundt-cake-000.jpg
    banana-bundt-cake-000.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 147

homecook

Oh great!! I had to see this and I haven't even eaten dinner yet. :readytoeat: Save a piece for me, please!! That looks so decadent and tasty!

Status
Not open for further replies.