can yogurt be frozen

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Wee were given six big containers. They are one day past sale date. There are only two of us. Hate to see it wasted.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
im'ma say you'll lose the intended texture. may get grainy if thawed. the texture, in 1 way or another, may be affected.
put a dab in to check the resulting item. see the results in 'da morning.
i froze yogurt as a kiddo. i learned quickly that freezin' yogurt is not great.

Last edited:

Ian M.

I agree with the idea of the frozen yogurt in the "ice cream" section - I love the stuff. But I think there's more ingredients in the commercially made frozen yogurt than just yogurt alone to give it the consistency it has. I've tried freezing yogurt and wasn't impressed with the thawed result. Possibly adding some extra components to your containers of yogurt might make it freeze and subsequently thaw much better - like additional cream, maybe, or something of that sort. As well, you can always make cakes with yogurt and freeze the cake for later. Yogurt can be incorporated into a lot of things in baking.

Ian :biggrin:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
From Stonyfield Farm...

"Can I freeze yogurt?"

Yes. Just keep in mind that yogurt that has been frozen and thawed will have a different look and texture than fresh yogurt. Freezing can also destroy some of the beneficial cultures in our yogurt, but there are billions, so there'll still be plenty to give you added health benefits. The cultures become dormant when frozen, but once thawed, either in the refrigerator or in the body once consumed, will become live and active once again. If you choose to freeze our yogurt, we still recommend that you use the product by the use-by-date stamped on the container.