My breakfast

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
My current fav breakfast (it won't last forever) is two scrambled eggs with some bacon and cheese and a few home fries in a wrap. In NYg that is close to five bucks.

I am sure that I can make this at home. Can I freeze it and nuke it?

If not can I make it in the evening and just take it in and warm it for lunch?

Any suggestions to prevent it from becoming a mushy mess would be appreciated.

K

Kimchee

Seems like freezing would be OK.. everything in it is available frozen! :)
Same reasoning for the nuking too.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
The bacon and cheese won't alter much from freezing...the eggs would form some crystals that could weep when defrosted.

You're better off making it the night before and then rewarming it slowly in the toaster or microwave.

Carolina Cooking

how about making it , the eggs,cheese. then the bacon. then take the wrap seperate. then put it all together. warm it up in the microwave.

I make this myself, but I eat it in front of the Tv with the morning news (GMA) & coffee. lol

Phiddlechik

We make breakfast burritos, pre-cook sausage, cheese is grated. Then in the morning, just have to heat up the meat, toss in some eggs, roll wrap and go. Husband eats them right away.
We also precook biscuits (yep, from a can, flaky big ones), pre-cook sausage patties. The in the morning it's just a quick zap in the micro, add cheese and go. Usually without the eggs.
I know someone that does them with eggs, puts them all together, then freezes them. She said it worked great.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I think that I am at the make the night before idea. I have to figure a way that I can keep the center (Eggs, bacon / sausage, potatoes and cheese) away from the wrap, that I can load into my backpack and transport. The transport and keep it all from getting soggy has always been the bugaboo.