Thursday, 5/19/2011, Whats on the table today?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I have an Asian dinner planned. I will make wontons and either make soup or maybe fry or steam them and serve with a dipping sauce. If I make the soup I may roast a small piece of pork loin and slice it in thin strips to add to the soup. Stir fry - Sub gum Chicken chow mein and rice (maybe fried). And brownies for dessert so long as my family don't eat them all by then!! LOL

Anyone have a recipe for fried or steamed dumpling dipping sauce?

Any plans?

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
geez, peep, lol, i ain't yet fully awake yet, hehe. i woke soooooooo hungry so i made another 'lil skillet-o-cheese & dippers/ mmmmmmmmmmm.
i am so queasy now, though.
my stomach really really hurts if i slumber turned toward the one side, so if i snooze turned toward my other side it isn't too ucky. so when i nod off too sleepybye-land again, i'll lay thata way. i'm really queasy. beddybye for me after some tunes to listen to. gotta feed my babies thier kitty crunchies though.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I have an Asian dinner planned. I will make wontons and either make soup or maybe fry or steam them and serve with a dipping sauce. If I make the soup I may roast a small piece of pork loin and slice it in thin strips to add to the soup. Stir fry - Sub gum Chicken chow mein and rice (maybe fried). And brownies for dessert so long as my family don't eat them all by then!! LOL

Anyone have a recipe for fried or steamed dumpling dipping sauce?

Any plans?

Here's one from the Steamy Kitchen:
http://steamykitchen.com/5874-gyoza-recipe-japanese-pan-fried-dumplings.html

JackieBlue

Banned
Lemon Pasta with Italian bread and a salad. I've had pasta with lemon chicken or chicken francais or piccata, but I never made the pasta lemony on it's own. It's real simple too so I'm trying this tonight.

Lemon Pasta

INGREDIENTS
Salt
1 pound spaghetti/pasta
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 lemons, zested and juiced
1/2-3/4 cup heavy cream
1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
Handful flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
1/2 cup fresh basil (10-12 leaves), very thinly sliced

PREPARATION
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water and drop the spaghetti into the pot.

Heat a large deep skillet over low heat. Add olive oil and garlic and crushed red pepper flakes.

When the pasta has been cooking about 5 minutes, add lemon juice, a ladle of the cooking water from the pasta and the cream to the garlic and oil. Raise heat a bit to bring sauce to a bubble.

Drain pasta when it still has a good bite to it, al dente. Add lemon zest and half of the cheese to the cream sauce. Season the sauce with salt, to taste. Add pasta to pan and turn off heat. Toss the pasta with sauce a minute or 2, allowing it time to soak up the sauce.

Top the plates of pasta or platter with remaining cheese, parsley and basil.

Nancy-MD

I just got the food shopping done today and I STILL don't know what to cook tonight! Grrrrrrrr! I hate this. Nothing is striking my fancy.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I just got the food shopping done today and I STILL don't know what to cook tonight! Grrrrrrrr! I hate this. Nothing is striking my fancy.
How long will it take you to drive up the NJ Pike from MD? Homemade wonton soup tonight!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Homemade wonton soup

051911_wonton_soup.jpg

mhend

Peeps, that soup looks so warm and comforting! Wish I had a bowl right now! Might take me a while to get to Jersey though. :)

Nancy-MD

I made chicken sans pot pie over noodles tonight. No crust.

Attachments

• chicken sans pot pie over noodles 003.jpg
    chicken sans pot pie over noodles 003.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 138

mhend

Oh man Nancy. I want some of that too! Beautiful!

I'm in desperate need of comfort food tonight. LOL! I've been under the weather the past couple of days and we're doing pizza delivery for dinner. Not what I want. LOL!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Good thing I just saw this or I would have been in my car long ago! Yum Peep!

The lemon pasta and Carolina Cooking's rib dinner sounds so good!
Thank you Nan!! Well you can pick Jackie and her pasta up on your way up to my house!! Soup then pasta then chicken!! Sounds like a great meal! And coffee and brownies for dessert!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Oh man Nancy. I want some of that too! Beautiful!

I'm in desperate need of comfort food tonight. LOL! I've been under the weather the past couple of days and we're doing pizza delivery for dinner. Not what I want. LOL!
AWWWWWWWWWW feel better Mary!! I have been achy myself for a couple days but I think it's because of all the rain every day!! I want to fry some bacon and use some bacon fat to make buttermilk biscuits and then have a buttered biscuit and bacon sandwich!!

SilverSage

Resident Crone
We went light on the grill 2 days in a row now.
Yesterday, I roasted corn on the cob (it's in peak season here), Grilled pineapple, and ginger-garlic shrimp. We loved it.

Today, I had 2 more ears of corn, which needed to be eaten while they're still fresh & sweet. I had cut the pineapple into 6 thick slices, so I had more of those. I decided to change up the shrimp to chicken.

I didn't take pics tonight, but I did take pics of the shrimp version.

Recipes:

Ginger Garlic Shrimp (or Chicken) on the grill

Grate fresh ginger and mince fresh garlic.
Mix with olive oil, a few drops of sriracha or other hot sauce, salt & pepper.
Bring to boil in the microwave and let it steep a while.
Skewer the shrimp and brush it generously with the (now cooled) spicy oil. Let it sit while you're firing up the grill.
Grill over moderate heat 1-2 minutes per side, depending on the size of the shrimp. (Mine were U-10's)

For the chicken tonight, I sliced the S/B breasts into 2 thin filets, and did the same marinade & method.

Rum Grilled Pineapple Slices

Peel the pineapple and use a small knife to cut out all the eyes. Slice an inch thick.
Mix a Tlb or 2 of brown sugar with a splash of vanilla and a couple tsp of dark rum. (Use the real stuff like Myers, made from sorghum or molasses, not that "gold" stuff with coloring).
Lay the slices on the hot (oiled) grill, and drizzle a generous tsp of the rum mixture over the top. When the bottom has good marks (just a few minutes) turn them and drizzle rum mixture on the grilled side.
When the other side has good marks, flip and drizzle the rest. Give it a minute for cross hatches, then serve.

Trust me, the pics don't do this one justice.

Attachments

• grill night 008.jpg
    grill night 008.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 150

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i woke again & few foods besides gooey cheese & bread sounds yummy. mmmm

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
We went light on the grill 2 days in a row now.
Yesterday, I roasted corn on the cob (it's in peak season here), Grilled pineapple, and ginger-garlic shrimp. We loved it.

Today, I had 2 more ears of corn, which needed to be eaten while they're still fresh & sweet. I had cut the pineapple into 6 thick slices, so I had more of those. I decided to change up the shrimp to chicken.

I didn't take pics tonight, but I did take pics of the shrimp version.

Recipes:

Ginger Garlic Shrimp (or Chicken) on the grill

Grate fresh ginger and mince fresh garlic.
Mix with olive oil, a few drops of sriracha or other hot sauce, salt & pepper.
Bring to boil in the microwave and let it steep a while.
Skewer the shrimp and brush it generously with the (now cooled) spicy oil. Let it sit while you're firing up the grill.
Grill over moderate heat 1-2 minutes per side, depending on the size of the shrimp. (Mine were U-10's)

For the chicken tonight, I sliced the S/B breasts into 2 thin filets, and did the same marinade & method.

Rum Grilled Pineapple Slices

Peel the pineapple and use a small knife to cut out all the eyes. Slice an inch thick.
Mix a Tlb or 2 of brown sugar with a splash of vanilla and a couple tsp of dark rum. (Use the real stuff like Myers, made from sorghum or molasses, not that "gold" stuff with coloring).
Lay the slices on the hot (oiled) grill, and drizzle a generous tsp of the rum mixture over the top. When the bottom has good marks (just a few minutes) turn them and drizzle rum mixture on the grilled side.
When the other side has good marks, flip and drizzle the rest. Give it a minute for cross hatches, then serve.

Trust me, the pics don't do this one justice.

:wow::wow::thumb:

I went through the drive-thru and ordered a quarter pounder with Mac sauce, and bacon.
You think Burger King are the only fast food place who make it your way?
Mickey D's made me what I wanted.
The gal said they only bring out the bacon during breakfast time, but I got what I ordered.
:D.. enjoyed every bite too, with a sweet tea.. extra ice. lol