Cherry tree 3 years Old

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
This tree I thought was dead after the first year.

IMG_1020.jpg

:WitchBrewsSmiley::smile:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I think I remember some pic's of some other fruit trees that you posted a while back. I'm envious. You have some really neat stuff growing. It looks like they're going to be a booger to pick though.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
I have a small garden of Eden here. I'll post some other pictures when the Apricots and Plums are ripe.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yes, please do post pics. I'm just now putting my first order together to get some fruit trees. Any tips?

I'm thinking of two cherry trees (do they need to be bought in pairs?)

And some other kind but I have not decided yet.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
I bought this Cherry tree by it self. As you can see it doesn't miss a mate. LOL.
Different fruit grows better in different areas. I am sure your local Nursury will suggest what is best for where you are planting. Late fall, early spring. I give each tree a Lg. Bag of steer manure. Lemon tree is almost a must. it is so nice, every time we have sea food, we have lemons. Apple tree & Mulberry tree (Aw so many wonderful Pies it supplied us). good Luck- Let me know how it is going. Your in Florida right? You best get an Orange tree.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
No, not Florida .....I wish I was in Florida. I'm in Ohio.
I never even considered a lemon tree. I doubt the climate is right for that here as I've never heard of anyone here growing them ...but I'll check.

chilefarmer

Super nice cherry tree. We have a red cherry also. Its 4 years old and has never made fruit, and blooms very little. If it wasn't so nice of a tree, guess I would take it out.
Doc, you can grow lemons in a container, we do. Just bring it inside during the winter. We love fruit. CF

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good idea to grow one in a container CF. Being in Texas I was surprised to hear you ever had to bring yours inside.

How big of container to you use? How old is your lemon tree?

Leni

I have a dwarf lemon that has so many lemons that we are giving them away. The nursery can tell you what size container you need for the tree you buy. It can sit on a base with wheels so that it is easy to move.