What is Your Weather?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
20190129_071828.jpg

FB_IMG_1548749778178.jpg

:shock:

Embryodad

Snow ended.... 4 inches, but warm out. 30 degrees, but tomorrow it will plunge to single digits and -20 below wind chills.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Not only did we NOT get the snow.... we didn't get the rain either!

But, Lordy, it's cold...
We didn't get much snow either.
It's just this wicked wind and ouch temps.
We don't have a garage area for the apartment building, but rather a car port row.
Went out to start the Malibu and she started right up.
Lol

Embryodad

Dint get the cold yet. Only 22 F out now at 11:15 A
The drop starts this evening.
Tomorrow morning will be car battery test day; that's for sure.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Dint get the cold yet. Only 22 F out now at 11:15 A
The drop starts this evening.
Tomorrow morning will be car battery test day; that's for sure.

8 this morning. High today 21. Winds 20-30 gusts to 50. Low tonight 2.

An inside day for sure.

Johnny West

we had 5'F / -15'C this morning.

the bulk of the storm slipped north so we got lucky with no significant snow accumulation - then it rained pretty decent and melted any of the new snow - didn't even have to clear the drive.

fortunately! the cold didn't get here to turn the rain into ice.

night before I went to bring in the dog - he was curled up on the snow, about 5 feet in front of his house - with about 2" on snow top top of him. he really loves the frigid weather. his coat is incredibly thick now.

it's 7'F now - he does not want in - we have to bribe him with treats....
View attachment 30315

My old Lab was like that. We had a blizzard, I looked out to see how Sid was doing - there was a big lump of snow in front of his house, gave a yell, and he jumped up and was ready to go. We hunted a lot of pheasants in the snow and he loved it.

With that said, yesterday I had frost on the windshield and had to scrape it off before going to school.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
It was almost 78 yesterday, loved it. Upper 70's today, but by Thursday will go back to the 30's :(.

Johnny West

I was subbing yesterday and the school district had already called a to hour early release due to an impending snow event. Right at 1300 it started snowing and by 1320 the school was cleared. It took me 1.5 hours to get home when it usually takes a half/hour. On Friday traffic is usually heavier at the end of the day but yesterday lots of folks were leaving early. I stopped at Fred Meyer's for lemons so the mrs could have lemon drops. It was a quiet evening watching Bramwell.

I'm supposed to clear the walk at church and don't see that happening any time soon. I've been up since 0330 thinking about it. I hate it when I do that.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
my windows haven't blown in-- that's not saying they won't-- we slide to automobiles, & thank God 4 wellies-- then stomp snow away-- once we get to where we're going--

Last edited:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
26 as of 7:14a.m.; so we'll see-- shoulda heard winds going by a few ago; me & my best pal made sure we we'd be well, & we were--

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
WOW !
Thirty hours after my submission, I have a Newer, Better, flag flying !!
Next - Day air, and a free upgrade !!

flag.jpg

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
We have been SOOOO 'Lucky' her in the I-95 corridor this winter......
Every time the temp went below freezing, Sunny days - When the precipitation arrived, temp went up !!

Raining now......42 degrees

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Nearing 70° today and sunny.
Just like yesterday.
Perfect walking weather!
I walk through town all the way to Veteran's bridge and back, twice.

Embryodad

Waiting to see when this tornado arrives. It's in Stroudsburg, Pa right now.
Hoping it breaks up when it rakes over the Allamuchy mountains.
The alert is telling us to move to the center of the house or the basement.
Am I scared?? Naaa! .... Ooops! What was that brown lump that rolled down my pants???