Do you grow any of your own vegetables?

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
No better way to have them fresh ..... so do you grow any of your own vegetables?

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Funny you should mention that. We just finished planting pots of tomatoes and peppers on the deck. I'll get some pictures and post them.

Jim

BigAl

Not here in the states but we do in Panama . I think a plastic plant would grow down there . We always have something in season ,anytime we are there . I think we have something like 20 plus diffrent fruit trees planted on the place . Coconuts are year around as is fresh pineapple and bananas .Yucca is always ready . Mangos come in to harvest twice a year . Breadfruit was just starting to drop when we left last week . Juan is planting Beans,squash,tomatoes, cucumbers and several other seeds that my FIL brought down on his visit ,so we should have lot of goodies in about 60 days to choose from . The wife uses a lot of plants from the jungle for her spices in foods . It is amazing how many different types of spice plants can be found ,if you know where to look .

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Here's ours. Easy to take care of and plenty of bell peppers and tomatoes for the two of us and the dogs.

Jim

Attachments

• 08-05-08_1104.jpg
    08-05-08_1104.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 194

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I like the way your thinking Jim. I think we are doing something similar this year but so far have nothing.
last year we had peppers tomatoes and even some watermelon. The watermelon was a mini for sure.

RNE228

We have a garden year round, but live in a mild climate. My wife is a Master Gardener thru the University of California program(is a nationwide program). We have mainly raised beds, with timed drip irrigation.

Nothing like fresh strawberries, asparagus, tomatoes etc...