Weight Watchers chat

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Re: Weight Watchers Recipes

I joined WW this month, too, and am definitely interested in sharing recipes and ideas! I'd love a sub-forum on this subject!

Mama, that frittata looks too good to be diet!

I really like Eggbeaters for dishes like this, and they are even fewer points.

SS, WW has revamped their points system, pushing members towards fruits, vegetables, lean proteins and fiber, and away from carbs and snack packs. Fruits and most vegs are "free" in the Points Plus system. Many food items have increased in points value (alcohol, most notably for me), many have decreased and some have stayed the same.

Lee

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Mama, for now, post the recipes, etc. here.

I don't know how, or if I may, start a new sub-forum, but if/when that's done, we can move the recipes there.

What's your meatloaf recipe?

I can tell that I am going to be a copycat and appreciator of YOUR recipes, rather than contributing many myself.

But I did buy their new cookbook, so I can share some things that I've made and liked from that.

Lee

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

Great recipe LL! I just plugged it into the recipe builder and the whole recipe is only 2 points (4 if you use regular sugar)!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Mama, do you think regular oatmeal would be okay? I suppose I could process that, too.

I'm so glad you called my attention to the Recipe Builder on the Weight Watcher's etools! Thanks!

I am still learning my way around those tools!

Lee

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

You're welcome Lee. My original recipe uses torn up bread but I didn't have any light bread at the time. I would use 3 slices of light bread. It would save you 1 point on the whole recipe. Or, you can use 2 slice of regular bread which would be the same amount of points as the recipe I posted.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Cool - thanks!

I'm working on a recipe for the mushroom challenge. Gotta go buy a few things first. I'm finding myself going to buy a few things, or MORE than a few things, almost every day now.

Hate diets.

Lee

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

That looks awesome Lee! I've got some bone-in pork chops in the freezer I may have to thaw out this week and give that one a try.

That looks good too Sass! Do you know if it's 9 points on the old program or is that the points plus value?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

I think they're using the old point system but since we have the recipe builder, we can recalculate the points so that won't be a problem. There's a lot of good looking recipes there, thanks for the link!!!!!