Stuffed Pork Loin

FryBoy

This was so pretty I wanted to post the photos. It's a pork loin stuffed with spinach and cream cheese (if I recall correctly). However, it came out on the dry side and was a little tough, so I'm not recommending the recipe. It just goes to show that beauty ain't everything. However, if anyone is interested, I'll find the recipe.

Attachments

• Stuffed Pork Roast #1.jpg
    Stuffed Pork Roast #1.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 134
  • Stuffed Pork Roast #2.jpg
    Stuffed Pork Roast #2.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 134
  • Stuffed Pork Roast #3.jpg
    Stuffed Pork Roast #3.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 131

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
get a digital meat thermometer, bring it to 145*F.. wrap in foil to rest it..

always moist juicy loins...

we all want to know the recipe because it looks really good...thanks in advance

Cooksie

Site Supporter
That is a beautiful piece of meat, and the stuffing looks great (spinach and cream cheese, what's not to like). I've had the same problem with pork loin being dry though. One of my favorite ways to cook pork is to cut pork tenderloin into medallions and sear it in a skillet.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
I am in! I want it, I need it, I'm Going to have it this week for sure. Great Recipe. Thanks!

FryBoy

Re: Stuffed Pork Loin (RECIPE)

I found the recipe for the pork loin stuffed with spinach. It calls for cooking the meat to 160, which I did. That resulted in a drier, tougher roast than I would have liked. However, I would be reluctant to cook it to only 145, as Bam suggested, because of the stuffing -- that's not hot enough to kill bacteria, and in fact is near the upper range that's ideal for some bacterial growth. As you probably know, undercooked stuffing can be a source of food poisoning.

Anyway, here it is:

PORK ROAST WITH SPINACH STUFFING

Stuffing:
1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed very dry (divided)
½ cup finely chopped onion
1 garlic clove, minced
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup soft bread crumbs
½ teaspoon salt

1 boneless pork loin(3½ pounds)

Basting Sauce:
¼ cup orange juice
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon ketchup

Sauce:
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
½ teaspoon seasoned salt
¼ teaspoon dill weed

Set aside ½ cup of the spinach for the sauce.

In a skillet, saute the onion, garlic and remaining spinach in butter until tender.

Remove from the heat; stir in bread crumbs and salt.

Cut roast into two pieces lengthwise

Spoon spinach mixture onto cut side of one piece of meat.

Top with remaining piece of meat; tie about every 1 to 2 inches with kitchen string.

Place stuffed roast in a shallow greased roasting pan.

Combine the orange juice, soy sauce and ketchup; pour half over roast.

Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes.

Baste with remaining orange juice mixture.

Cover and bake 30-45 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.

Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.

Sauce:

In a saucepan, combine the sour cream, horseradish, mustard, seasoned salt, dill and reserved spinach.

Cook over medium heat just until heated through (do not boil).

Serve sauce warm with pork.

Yield: 10-12 servings.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Here is what I've found with cooking pork loin regardless. Cook it till the internal temp his 140-145 as Jeff said, then cover with foil and let it rest about 15 minutes. The internal temp will be between 155 - 165 which won't hurt you at all. The problem is that most people forget about the fact the meat will continue to cook as it rests which makes for dry, tough roasts. The same is true with all meats regardless.

FryBoy

Sounds like good advice to me. What matters is the final temp, not the reading when you remove it from the oven. I think my mistake was doing what the recipe said rather than using my head.