Cure for Hemeroids??

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
OK..... it ISNT me. Its a FRIEND! I SWEAR!!!!!!!!!!!

Now how do ya cure it!?!? Poor guy is suffering pretty bad!

Lefty

Yank
why-did-i-click.jpg

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I asked DW, since she knows everything (we threw away the encyclopedias because of her vast knowledge). Her answer is Divorce! That's the only way to get rid of a pain in the ass.:tiphat:

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Sitz baths and preparation H or anusol. It is what my parents would do from time to time.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I swear, this is how my dad got rid of them. He went to the doc and they put a tiny little rubber band around it and he left. I guess it cuts off the blood supply and they just fall off after a few days. I remember him saying it didn't hurt.

chowhound

Good one Lefty. It made clicking on this thread more bearable.
I know of a couple guys that had to get them operated on. I don't know the ins and outs of the procedure and don't want to leave you hanging..... but I can imagine it wasn't a pleasant experience. They don't even put you under I was told. Spin your butt right up in the air.

homecook

Good one Lefty. It made clicking on this thread more bearable.
I know of a couple guys that had to get them operated on. I don't know the ins and outs of the procedure and don't want to leave you hanging..... but I can imagine it wasn't a pleasant experience. They don't even put you under I was told. Spin your butt right up in the air.

Oh......dh had that done about 10 years ago! Just being around him afterwards, let's just say it wasn't pretty!!

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
LMAO Andy! I have no idea about hemorrhoids and hope to heck I never find out!! But I hear those Prep-H medicated wipes are all the rave these days.
I did have a boil on my butt once (thanks diabetes) that had to be operated on, local only. OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH!!!!

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I know about pains in the ass... there's DW, Katie, Mitch, Abby.... oh and don't forget the dogs! LOL.

I'm the only sane one in the house ya know...

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I know about pains in the ass... there's DW, Katie, Mitch, Abby.... oh and don't forget the dogs! LOL.

I'm the only sane one in the house ya know...

You are forgetting Mav, I have actually talked to your wife on the phone and I can testify that she is sane.

Biskit

I've got 'em. Not as severe as some, but they're rather annoying at times.

Okay, those of you who're squeamish, look away for a bit:

Make darn sure you keep a clean hinder! If the weather's hot and I'm doin' some serious sweatin.........they bother.

I've hear of using Vicks, but the neighbors can hear ya a mile away!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Medical treatment of hemorrhoids is aimed initially at relieving symptoms. Measures to reduce symptoms include--

* tub baths several times a day in plain, warm water for about 10 minutes
* application of a hemorrhoidal cream or suppository to the affected area for a limited time

Preventing the recurrence of hemorrhoids will require relieving the pressure and straining of constipation. Doctors will often recommend increasing fiber and fluids in the diet. Eating the right amount of fiber and drinking six to eight glasses of fluid—not alcohol—result in softer, bulkier stools. A softer stool makes emptying the bowels easier and lessens the pressure on hemorrhoids caused by straining. Eliminating straining also helps prevent the hemorrhoids from protruding.

Good sources of fiber are fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. In addition, doctors may suggest a bulk stool softener or a fiber supplement such as psyllium (Metamucil) or methylcellulose (Citrucel).

In some cases, hemorrhoids must be treated endoscopically or surgically. These methods are used to shrink and destroy the hemorrhoidal tissue. The doctor will perform the procedure during an office or hospital visit.

A number of methods may be used to remove or reduce the size of internal hemorrhoids. These techniques include:

Rubber band ligation. A rubber band is placed around the base of the hemorrhoid inside the rectum. The band cuts off circulation, and the hemorrhoid withers away within a few days.

Sclerotherapy. A chemical solution is injected around the blood vessel to shrink the hemorrhoid.

Infrared coagulation. A special device is used to burn hemorrhoidal tissue.

Hemorrhoidectomy. Occasionally, extensive or severe internal or external hemorrhoids may require removal by surgery known as hemorrhoidectomy.

homecook

Medical treatment of hemorrhoids is aimed initially at relieving symptoms. Measures to reduce symptoms include--

* tub baths several times a day in plain, warm water for about 10 minutes
* application of a hemorrhoidal cream or suppository to the affected area for a limited time

Preventing the recurrence of hemorrhoids will require relieving the pressure and straining of constipation. Doctors will often recommend increasing fiber and fluids in the diet. Eating the right amount of fiber and drinking six to eight glasses of fluid—not alcohol—result in softer, bulkier stools. A softer stool makes emptying the bowels easier and lessens the pressure on hemorrhoids caused by straining. Eliminating straining also helps prevent the hemorrhoids from protruding.

Good sources of fiber are fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. In addition, doctors may suggest a bulk stool softener or a fiber supplement such as psyllium (Metamucil) or methylcellulose (Citrucel).

In some cases, hemorrhoids must be treated endoscopically or surgically. These methods are used to shrink and destroy the hemorrhoidal tissue. The doctor will perform the procedure during an office or hospital visit.

A number of methods may be used to remove or reduce the size of internal hemorrhoids. These techniques include:

Rubber band ligation. A rubber band is placed around the base of the hemorrhoid inside the rectum. The band cuts off circulation, and the hemorrhoid withers away within a few days.

Sclerotherapy. A chemical solution is injected around the blood vessel to shrink the hemorrhoid.

Infrared coagulation. A special device is used to burn hemorrhoidal tissue.

Hemorrhoidectomy. Occasionally, extensive or severe internal or external hemorrhoids may require removal by surgery known as hemorrhoidectomy.

Oooh I guess DH had it really bad, that's what he had done. Whoops! He was in a lot of pain for days!

Barb

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
My father eats NO vegis. NONE! Loves fruit though. I HATE fruit and love vegis. Clearly I have the better genes :thumb: