Broiled Scallops

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Broiled Scallops

INGREDIENTS
Oil spray
1 1/3 cups grated Parmesan
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (can omit to lower sodium content)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, heaping
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 lb. extra large sea scallops, 12-16 per lb.
INSTRUCTIONS

Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup. Fit the baking sheet with a roasting rack (I use a cooling rack) and spray the rack with the oil.
Place an oven rack 6 inches below the heating element (usually this means the second rack from the very top of the oven), then heat the broiler on high (500 degrees F).
In a shallow bowl, mix the grated Parmesan with the salt (if using), black pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
Place the melted butter in another shallow bowl.
Rinse the scallops and pat dry with paper towels. If they have a small, crescent-shaped muscle attached to their side, use your fingers to remove it (it gets tough when cooked).
Dip each scallop in the melted butter, then dredge it in the Parmesan mixture, turning to coat.
Place the coated scallops on the prepared roasting rack. Lightly spray with avocado oil. Broil, 6 inches from the heating element, until cheese is golden brown and scallops are cooked through - white and moist in the middle - 6-10 minutes. Exactly how long to broil will depend on the size of the scallops. I used colossal scallops - there were 13 per lb. - and they needed 10 minutes under the broiler. Start checking after 6 minutes. There's no need to turn the scallops, but do rotate the baking sheet midway through broiling.
Serve the broiled scallops immediately.

Scallops, Broiled.jpg

Shermie

Site Supporter
Broiled Scallops

INGREDIENTS
Oil spray
1 1/3 cups grated Parmesan
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (can omit to lower sodium content)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, heaping
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 lb. extra large sea scallops, 12-16 per lb.
INSTRUCTIONS

Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup. Fit the baking sheet with a roasting rack (I use a cooling rack) and spray the rack with the oil.
Place an oven rack 6 inches below the heating element (usually this means the second rack from the very top of the oven), then heat the broiler on high (500 degrees F).
In a shallow bowl, mix the grated Parmesan with the salt (if using), black pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
Place the melted butter in another shallow bowl.
Rinse the scallops and pat dry with paper towels. If they have a small, crescent-shaped muscle attached to their side, use your fingers to remove it (it gets tough when cooked).
Dip each scallop in the melted butter, then dredge it in the Parmesan mixture, turning to coat.
Place the coated scallops on the prepared roasting rack. Lightly spray with avocado oil. Broil, 6 inches from the heating element, until cheese is golden brown and scallops are cooked through - white and moist in the middle - 6-10 minutes. Exactly how long to broil will depend on the size of the scallops. I used colossal scallops - there were 13 per lb. - and they needed 10 minutes under the broiler. Start checking after 6 minutes. There's no need to turn the scallops, but do rotate the baking sheet midway through broiling.
Serve the broiled scallops immediately.

View attachment 31657

I had these the other night at 99!! They were so good!! :WitchBrewsSmiley: