Pork tenderloin with raspberry chipotle sauce

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I was at Costco in Vallarta today and bought a bottle of Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce. I had two whole pork tenderloins at home, so I rubbed them liberally with my homemade chile powder, browned them well, put them in a roasting pan, covered them with this sauce and cooked for about 30 minutes at 350F in my countertop convection oven. Served with garlic mashed potatoes and a broccoli/cauliflower salad. The pork was awesomely good. Juicy and tender on the inside, crusty and spicy on the outside. I would have taken pictures, but we had company for dinner and people think it's strange when you take pictures of the food they are about to eat. And they ate it ALL. I think you can buy this sauce in the US - it is Fischer and Weiser brand, from Fredericksburg, TX. Great stuff. Now I have to find more uses for it, cause I bought a big bottle.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
It's really popular here, Karen. Usually, I pour it over a block of cream cheese and serve with really good crackers. I'm going to try using it your way - it sounds so, so good.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
OK, I am going to post the list of ingredients (of course, it is in Spanish, so I am struggling a bit). It contains: sugar, raspberries, jalapeno chiles, apple cider vinegar, pectin, chipotle chiles, garlic powder, salt, smoke flavoring.

Shouldn't be hard to duplicate, except maybe for the pectin, which gives it some body. Maybe tapioca would also work....

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Man... only if DH could tolerate the pork.... actually, I think he is getting to the point that he can't tolerate anything. Poor him.... more food for me!

Sounds great Karen!!!

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Sounds real good, I will have to check in at the Mexican grocery store and see if I can find it there.
Thanks for the recipe!

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I don't think you'll find it at the Mexican grocery store, Mav - it's a US product. FM says it's popular where she lives...where do you buy it, Terry?

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Because it's popular here, I can get it at practically any store: HEB, WalMart, Whole Foods. I like the brand you got, Karen. Fredericksburg is just outside of San Antonio and I think this brand is the "original". Now, there are other brands available here, too.

Calicolady

This sounds so delich. The blackberry one sounds like it'd be good too. We have a Whole Foods here about 25-28 miles away. I don't get there much, but it's on my list for when I do. Thanks for the idea Karen.
Good to see you .

Last edited:

simplicity

Those pork tenderloins sound good. I've purchased this sauce from HEB. The only thing I've used it for is as a sauce for some cocktail meatballs.

Thanks for the idea.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Their site is intriguing - their other sauces sound yummy as well. Papaya and serrano? Mmmmm