Sherry Pork and Mushrooms

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Sherry Pork and Mushrooms

Ingredients

4 Pork Loin Chops, cut into 1” cubes
2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
3/4 cup Sherry ("Real" Sherry - NOT Cooking Sherry)
Salt and pepper to taste
4 cups cooked Egg Noodles
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp Garlic butter
2 tbsp oil

Procedure

Cook Egg Noodles according to package directions. Drain and remove to a large bowl. Add garlic butter and toss to coat. Cover and keep warm.

In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the pork cubes and sauté to brown on all sides. When nearly cooked through (about 3 – 4 minutes), remove to a covered dish and keep warm. Add butter to skillet and reduce heat to medium. Add mushrooms and sauté until soft (about 8 minutes). Remove mushrooms to bowl with pork, cover and keep warm.

Return pan to medium-high heat. Add sherry to pan to deglaze. When liquid has reduced by 1/2, add pork and mushrooms. Frequently stir until liquid has reduce by another 1/4 and is beginning to thicken. Once it has done so, immediately remove from heat. Spoon pork and mushrooms over a bed of the buttered Egg Noodles and serve.

Notes

For a bit of fun, use a long wooden match to set the Sherry ablaze once you initially add it to the pan. It should flame for about 3 seconds or so. It's a rather impressive show for anyone that is watching.

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ooooo! Great idea for using the inexpensive center cut pork chops and cheap lamb chops that I get!

Also, this one could qualify for the quick and easy meal thread that was started recently.

Thanks, Keltin!

Lee

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I hope you like it! It’s a favorite around my house, and I’m often requested to make this. Many times I have just made the meat and let everyone eat it with toothpicks as a snack while the smoker is running with the main meal. It’s very tasty, and the fire show is always a hit! :lol: