Keurig Platinum B70 Coffeemaker

Anyone here have one?

Hubby bought me one for my birthday, but I haven't yet opened the box, & am not sure I want to after reading a plethora of negative reviews online. It saddens me because it looks really nifty - makes coffee, tea, cocoa - hot or iced, & has other nice features. It's their top-of-the-line home model. Comes with 60 assorted K-cups PLUS the K-cup module that allows you to use your own ground coffee.

I'm dying to set it up, but am wary. Hubby says it doesn't matter to him if I want to return it & get a different make/model.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I have a lesser model, still in the box. I won it on e-Bay and thought it would be a great idea.

DW tubed the idea because of the K cups. She claims that they are really bad in the land fills. I could use the "use your own" thingy. I have no practical experience with the unit. One of my customers has a commercial model. It makes good coffee. It breaks a lot, but, it is not at all a fair comparison as it is a commercial model and it is the K cup extractor that breaks.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My roommate brought in this little B40 - she uses it all the time. http://www.coffeemakermachinereview.com/keurig/keurig-b40/

I use it a couple of days a week, when I'm pressed for time before work. On weekends and days I go in late, I still grind fresh beans and use an automatic drip pot.

We've never had a problem with Keurig. The K-cups are expensive, but good and really convienient.

What problems were reported in the negative reviews, Breeze?

Lee