Dying to Grill!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I am sooooo not suffering winter like my friends to the north! I was all set to grill burgers and franks last weekend but the gig at Harrah's took up too much time...so I tabled it till this weekend.
Now it's cold. High today of only 39!

I have a charcoal grill, so it's not like I can simply flip a switch and push a button and have instant fire....(not that that's a bad thing)...but it does prevent me from getting my frank fix!

Who's still grilling, and who's chomping at the bit to grill?

Leni

I grill year round here. I want to try out the smoker that a friend gave me. Her daughter gave it to her but she never used it. She couldn't find the manual so I'll have to find it on the internet. First item will be a tri tip.

I can taste the difference between the gas grill at my time share and the charcoal here at the house. It does take longer to start but I use an electric starter so it only takes about 8 minutes to get it going.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I grill year round, but not very often. I have a gas grill on the lanai and a charcoal grill in the back yard, but the charcoal one hasn't been used in a long while. Neither of us wants to bother with it.

For me, it's just plumb easier to cook on the stove.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I am DYING to grill and/or to smoke something, too!

Matter of fact, I was JUST pining about it today!

But, I'm one who will only cook outside in nice weather, so I've got a long wait.

Lee

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
I have a lump of snow that sorta' resembles a grill . . . . you have squint and use a little imagination.

K

Kimchee

I have been known to knock snow off my grill so I could use it. But it is a gas grill,
and I can't say that I'd bother if I had to do the entire charcoal thing.

This winter I have been using my Cuisinart Griddler with great pleasure! Love those
double contact grills!

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
I have a lump of snow that sorta' resembles a grill . . . . you have squint and use a little imagination.

Same here, plus a long lump that looks a little like a table and a few lumps that might be chairs! :yum:

Jim

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
See..this is why I'm not suffering the winter..

I smelled someone's grilling steaks the other day and it almost sent me into a tree..

I want to toast those buns, get some brown mustard and just have at it.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I grill and smoke year round. Rain, snow (rare), cold, wind, no matter. A good grill, and knowing how to accomodate temp changes due to wind and ambient temp means you can grill and smoke whenever, and where ever you want. I just grilled some chicken thighs the other night and it was 29 degrees out.

Got to remember, things like steak and burgers will only be on the grill for about 8 minutes (seems a waste when a batch of coals lasts 45 minutes). So build your fire, spread your coals, and go for it. Bone in meat takes longer, but it's just as easily done.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Same here, plus a long lump that looks a little like a table and a few lumps that might be chairs! :yum:

Jim

There is this lump next door that is covered in snow.
I used it to grill last summer.
Thanks to my neighbours.
Didn't burn it up either.

Oh chix breast wrapped in bacon, how I miss thee.