What are you doing today?

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Congratulations, Leni!

Update on the feral kittens that I found in my yard a good while back:

About two weeks ago, the solid black kitten, now cat, came through. I looked at him and thought...wow, you've grown into a big ol' strapping young man. He was all fat and muscled up with a shiny, solid black coat, and lime green eyes.

Wrong :mrgreen:, **she** came slogging through a few days ago with her mammary glands just about dragging in the grass. I suspect the kittens are in the yard next door. I can't wait until she comes through with a line of little kitties trailing behind.

I've been doing a little decorating lately:

A faux Roman shade that I made for the 1/2 bath - totally no sew - put some hippy bead trim on it :mrgreen::

IMG_6081.jpg

Two of these for a bedroom that I am still working on:

faux%20roman%20shade%20bdrm.jpg

And some pillow shams:

Pillow20Shams.jpg

I've also been doing some yard work lately since it has cooled off some. I haven't been doing much cooking, but all that is about to change :).

lilylove

Grocery shopping... and buying bubble wrap or other packing material. Hubby sold a camera and camera parts on Ebay. Gotta send the new owner his toys.

and then date night with hubby!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I've been finishing up yardwork for the year. Yesterday I put on the last lawn application. It's supposed to be applied in September. Met the deadline with two days to spare...procrastination is my middle name :(.

Embryodad

I've been finishing up yardwork for the year. Yesterday I put on the last lawn application. It's supposed to be applied in September. Met the deadline with two days to spare...procrastination is my middle name :(.
My name is Jimmy Procrastination too! LOL

Had all month to prep and set up for my wood pellet delivery. Coming Thursday, and there I was yesterday; setting up pallets and getting ready for my 6 ton delivery, before the big rain and storm event tonight and tomorrow. I'm all pooped out! Phew!!!!

Where are the kids when you need them?

Saliha

I started to make new compost bench for the pumpkins - it´s ready at the spring, cleaned my garden and started raking autumn leaves away from the lawn.

Johnny West

I made a run to the commissary and the PX. Earlier was house work and unending laundry that's still going. :twak:

I need to get on the yard but decided it can wait till tomorrow - I'll be mowing till after Thanksgiving. :biggrin:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
My name is Jimmy Procrastination too! LOL

Had all month to prep and set up for my wood pellet delivery. Coming Thursday, and there I was yesterday; setting up pallets and getting ready for my 6 ton delivery, before the big rain and storm event tonight and tomorrow. I'm all pooped out! Phew!!!!

Where are the kids when you need them?

They just hang back and wait until they're sure everything is done...then they come for dinner :yum:.

Embryodad

They just hang back and wait until they're sure everything is done...then they come for dinner :yum:.
That surely is the truth....

Here's one... We had a Labor day cook out / bbq....ok?
Jim JR brought 6 folding chairs and a folding table of his for us to use.
Well.... Those darn chairs are still stacked in the dining room against the wall.
They keep saying, " don't worry, when we come into town, we'll stop and get them.
HELLOOooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! Stuff..... Stilll sitting here and I counted 8 trips to town so far.

Embryodad

Garbage and recycles pick up tomorrow. had to cart all up front.

Then... Have to cook for supper, and babysit uncle for the rest of the day.
Mommy Tina is up at the church wrapping Christmas gifts for the poor children.

In between, I have to clean the bathroom exhaust fan filters.

Johnny West

Our recycle is every Monday morning so I get it out on Sunday night.

It's a marine air morning with lots of fog - did the hot tub and the steam was heavy. Later I'll go babysit the granddaughter but the rest of the day is the usual crap. Yesterday subbing grade 1 was a killer and wore me down. I need to sub older kids and get back in shape.

Yesterday my bud in B.C. killed a bull moose and his buddy still can get one but, usually, one moose is enough for the two families.

IMG_20150930_170713340-2%20copy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Saliha

The garden´s cleaning continues. Tomorrow here will be storm, so then raking isn´t possible.

Johnny West

The weeds I sprayed the other day, before the rains, are dead and am chuffed.

Yesterday I subbed a grade 5 class and the kids were just wonderful. I had about a 1/3rd of them a lot last year and they were smiling when I said hello to them by their first names having not seen them for over 4 months.

Last night didn't feel like cooking and was hungry for broasted chicken. The road houses that have it were packed and ended up going to Bob's Burgers and got fish and chips, with a side of onion rings. The beer was a Lucille IPA which is excellent. I got to watch two football games at the same time and loved to see Hasselbeck win another game and; Bow Down to Washington beat the hated USC Trojan's.

I'm baby sitting the granddaughter tonight and have no dinner plans. I was going to the Oktoberfest but then don't allow kids after 7 PM.

Sorry for the poor picture quality.

IMG_7133.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_7135.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
It was my day off, so I went shopping with my best friend, then ate at the Mom and Pop place.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I am making chopsticks from exotic wood. I hope to have a dozen pairs to sell at my table. Having just upgraded my bandsaw, I preped what may be my first bowl. Five years turning and before this, I had no desire to turn a bowl.

Here is a pic of yesterday's cutting boards.

IMG_20151009_181415405_HDR.jpg

They go on display for the first time next show.

Embryodad

I am making chopsticks from exotic wood. I hope to have a dozen pairs to sell at my table. Having just upgraded my bandsaw, I preped what may be my first bowl. Five years turning and before this, I had no desire to turn a bowl.

View attachment 20889

VERY NICE PATTERNS

Cooksie

Site Supporter

View attachment 20889

Great idea on the chopsticks! Thai food is really hot around here right now, and Chinese has always been popular. I'll bet those will be great sellers. I want to see them. Beautiful boards too!

I hope some high end restaurant comes by and buys up every last one of yours. You might could do a little marketing by going to the restaurants yourself.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
At least in NJ, restaurants cannot use wood boards. They don't do well in a dish washer.

The one on top, I bored with a 3" forstner bit, then I turned a piece of Paduak (The red wood) measuring with calipers, so it just fit Light press fit.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
The chopsticks are being difficult. They are only 5/16" thick and I get a lot of vibration turning them. Right now, I am giving them 24 hours for glue to dry good and hard.

Here is the general idea.

Chopsticks.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Andy, I love your beautiful cutting boards!!!

When I went to my favorite craft fair this summer, I almost bought a French rolling pin. The craftsman had a bunch, made out of different woods, and he was charging $20, which I thought was reasonable.

But I thought, if I was going to buy one, I'd buy one from YOU.

Do you make those?

See here. https://www.google.com/search?q=Fre...0CGkQsARqFQoTCOT7rIX6uMgCFQs7Pgod9kQJ6w&dpr=1

Lee

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I would use either Beech or Maple. Is 18" a good length for you? Check the place you will be using it. I have seen 16", 18" and 20".