Apple and Pear Crisp

homecook

• This is an Ina Garten recipe I made last night. It turned out really good! I forgot to take a pic last night but did take one today.
  • 2 pounds ripe Bosc pears (4 pears)
  • 2 pounds firm Macoun apples (6 apples)
  • 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
  • 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
  • 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
  • 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
For the topping:

nocoupons
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
  • 1/2 pound (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, diced
Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Peel, core, and cut the pears and apples into large chunks. Place the fruit in a large bowl and add the zests, juices, sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour into a 9 by 12 by 2-inch oval baking dish.
For the topping:

Combine the flour, sugars, salt, oatmeal, and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on low speed for 1 minute, until the mixture is in large crumbles. Sprinkle evenly over the fruit, covering the fruit completely.
Place the baking dish on a sheet pan and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until the top is brown and the fruit is bubbly. Serve warm.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 191
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 193

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Beautiful. Now get yourself over to Bauer Restaurant supply and replace those damn broken cooling racks. He's open Saturday morning and has got em for around five bucks. They have small squares so cookies don't slide through them like yours do. You're gonna poke someone in the eye with that thing.

homecook

Beautiful. Now get yourself over to Bauer Restaurant supply and replace those damn broken cooling racks. He's open Saturday morning and has got em for around five bucks. They have small squares so cookies don't slide through them like yours do. You're gonna poke someone in the eye with that thing.

OMG!! How did I know you would see that. :lol: That's why I took the 2nd pic without it. lol

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
:lol::lol::lol: You can run, but you can't hide. now get there in the morning and throw them old ones away. And don't give them to Heather, either. Buy her some nice ones for her kitchen.

homecook

Yes sir!! Will do. Heather's coming over tomorrow too. I may be nice and pick her up a couple too. lol