Cat is driving me nuts!

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
My cat Zephyer is just driving me coo coo nutso! There is a door between my fathers side of the place and mine. Well he never really seems interested in going to the "other side". But today is different! Now he almost demands to have access to both sides!! I go to the kitchen and I have to open that door. Well the little escape artist bolts though the damn door!!!! :ohmy: Then when its closed he keeps hitting the door and man it gets LOUD! :glare: Not good for the folks that live downstairs. I lock him in my bedroom to keep him away from the other door and then he starts scratching on THAT door! So I have to let him out of THERE. And what did he start doing after that???? yup. Went over to the door seperating the two halves. Starts banging like hell to get in there. I tried getting him to calm down with treats and it only works for 10 minutes. SO, I finally cut up a lemon (cats HAAAATE citrus) and left the pieces around the door. And then I rubbed the lenolium floor with the lemon too. So far.... its keeping him away. But this shit just started around 3pm today! :huh:

Biskit

Funny thing:
When I read the title of this thread and it's author, my first thought was;
Short trip! :whistling:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
That is tooo funny, Sushi! Mostly because it's at your house. I have a cat that hates closed doors upstairs. He wants them all open all the time - including the bathroom door. He does the same thing as yours. Runs at the door over and over banging on it. But at least it's only upstairs and I don't have any neighbors to bother with it. I don't know what to tell you, though. Cats don't take well to direction.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I've got a cat that's the same way! Can't stand a closed door. I don't know how to stop him from doing it either...:sorry:

Deadly Sushi

That is tooo funny, Sushi! Mostly because it's at your house. I have a cat that hates closed doors upstairs. He wants them all open all the time - including the bathroom door. He does the same thing as yours. Runs at the door over and over banging on it. But at least it's only upstairs and I don't have any neighbors to bother with it. I don't know what to tell you, though. Cats don't take well to direction.

Well that little cute bastard is going to be a rug if he keeps doing that! I dont want to give my little buddies away. I love em! But he cant keep doing that crap. This apartment building is built like a tree clubhouse.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
i will trade you Sush... one my cats is in heat... holy crap this is the worst she has ever been... sounds like she is dieing... i feel like crap the last couple of days and the cat is almost on the verge of death..lol

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Maybe you can distract him with tuna or catnip or something else but I don't know if that would curb him permanently. You could also try squirting him with a water bottle every time he goes near that door. And maybe you could go into the other room, behind the door, and then every time he bangs it, open the door quickly and squirt him.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I've got a cat that's the same way! Can't stand a closed door. I don't know how to stop him from doing it either...:sorry:
You, too? Maybe it's not that unusual then since 3 of us have cats that won't let us close doors.

Deadly Sushi

My other cat Clint doesnt make such a fuss but I think he is smarter because he knows how to open the doors.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
OMG, I just figured this out, Sushi!!! Your dad is screwing with you. He has smeared his side of the door with some really stinky tuna or something just to drive your cat - and you - insane!!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Yeah i think a squirt bottle is in order. Im getting one tomorrow! :glare:

WHERE ARE THE LITTER BOXES?
Do you spend time cuddling and stroking them like you used to since you moved into Dad's house from your apartment and now have a part time job?
You may be adapting, but perhaps Clint and Zeph haven't yet.
Remember Paul, they don't have a voice to speak with, you have to zone in and understand more of what your little fuzzies are feeling and thinking.
Don't you dare use a squirt bottle. :(
They might be missing what they once knew as home, even still :neutral:

IamSam

Arrrrggghhh! The kitteh's truly the coxswain of your Junk (it's late and I couldn't resist). Ahoy, mateys!!!:lol:

PanchoHambre

ha Sush my cat did the same with going outside... it just got too annoying so i let her out now.... only when I am around she really likes to be in the yard with the doggies I got tired of fighting the fight... buggers can wear you down

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Well as someone that shares his home with 4 cats and 1 dog, I can surely relate. None like doors closed though the office is off limits to the cats and the dog only behind the counter.

Now for nutty cats, last night my wife gave the dog a bath in the tub. Now the gray cat decided she wanted to get in the water with the dog and did wanting my wife to wash her. So they both got a bath so talk about a nutty cat this one is really strange.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Years ago, my Vet told me to keep a cat away from a particular spot (like your couch arm), tape or pin a balloon to it. The cat will eventually pop the balloon and scare the bejeezus out of him, and he’ll never go back.....especially if you put another balloon there after he pops the first one.

Does your cat still have his claws?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Years ago, my Vet told me to keep a cat away from a particular spot (like your couch arm), tape or pin a balloon to it. The cat will eventually pop the balloon and scare the bejeezus out of him, and he’ll never go back.....especially if you put another balloon there after he pops the first one.

Does your cat still have his claws?

Wish I'd known about this before. I'd have balloons all on four of my dining room chairs, on all the arms of my living room furniture and on the wall outside my bedroom.

I can't have closed doors either, and when the weather is too bad to open the front window, I have to let him in and out way more frequently than I'd like.

My furniture is pretty shabby, but I still have the cat that's the joy of my life.

Lee