Thursday 3/1/2012 What's cooking?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
It will be chicken and broccoli in some fashion. It is rainy and dreary so I may make cranberry, tangerine, nut bread.

What are your food plans?

Ronjohn

We're having pulled pork. We did an extra pork but on the smoker a while back and froze it and have it in the crock pot on low right now getting nice and tasty. :)

I'm thinking we might do some bbq pork tacos tonight.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
peepz, yum. my Mom is so apologetic 4 missing my calls i think she'll order us food tonite.

Embryodad

Had brussels sprouts and a roast beef sammie with onion diced pieces and mayo.

Still de-gassifying the sprouts...

I want those Brats with hot pepper tonight...DW is grazing on leftovers..so I doubt she will want anything solid for supper.

Its dreary and raining here today...and I'm waiting for GD to come home from work so I could slap her Tags on her car from the old car she traded in for a Jetta.
I don't know what it is...but the kids are VW Jetta happy for some reason or other. ? ? ? ...

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
jimmy, in my fam you own a monte carlo, a cavalier in-between model years, an impala in desperation. an antique le mans. breaking the family rule- wanna get an audi.

Embryodad

jimmy, in my fam you own a monte carlo, a cavalier in-between model years, an impala in desperation. an antique le mans. breaking the family rule- wanna get an audi.
OOooooo! Yeah!... DD wants a Audi too; with the cats eye headlamps.

She's only got 5 more payments on the truck. I told her to trade it in.
It's eaten her out of house and home with repairs, and gas mileage.
9 city... 13 Hwy.

I told her she can lease for 359.00 ... Her truck payment is 399.00 now!

Just eat Hot Dogs for the next three years...

Leni

For dinner I am making Swiss steak with beets and green beans.

DH is looking at cars also. Me? I'm very happy with my 2004 Impala. Gets good milage and has a nice tight turn radius plus it can pick up its feet and go. Good trunk space also.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
haha, noooooo franks fer 3 yrs. i'd faint. i haven't bought my own ride yet. needed not to. my Grandpa & my Mom got me the first 2 cars- i'd nary an inclination.

yep, so strolling to 'da bar again. last call, maybe, food-wise. implication that i'll be needed to watch raynin & the boys again next week.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Boneless/skinless chicken breasts (sliced into strips and marinated in EVOO, grated fresh garlic, ground peppercorns, ground sea salt, ground red pepper flakes and my AP seasoning blend) and fresh broccoli sautéed in grape seed oil and EVOO (that was infused with fried slivered fresh garlic that was removed when golden). Chicken stock, fried garlic slivers, ground peppercorns, ground sea salt, ground red pepper flakes added, covered, and steamed until broccoli and chicken were tender and fully cooked. Tossed with Trader Joe’s spinach and chive linguini topped with fresh grated romano and parmesan cheeses and fresh ground red pepper flakes.

020112_chicken_broccoli_linguini_P1090384.jpg

Last night - in honor of Dr. Seuss's birthday (which is actually Friday 3/2 - but we'll be dining out), I made "Breezy Green Eggs & Ham Fritatta" - adapted from an Eating Well recipe. Delicious.