What do you think of some of some of the new TV shows?

Watched Pan Am, didn't care for it. Reminded me of Catch me if you can. Watched Playboy Club. Interesting, but heard it was cancelled & banned in certain areas. ????. Used to work close to the Playboy Club in NYC, & always wondered what it was really like. Didn't feel the show had a real feel of what the club was all about, & the male "star" mimicked John Hamm. Bad plot. Would have liked to have seen Heff's input & give us more of a feel of what the Club was all about. Your input?

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I rarely watch network programing any more except Tuesday nights when I usually watch the NCIS shows followed by Unforgettable. I do follow Hell On Wheels. But most of my watching is on the series on HBO, Starz, Max and Showtime now. Other than Tuesdays I don't watch much TV now with commercials unless I record them on DVR so I can pan through them.

GotGarlic

I think "New Girl" is hilarious - DH likes it, too. I also enjoy "Grimm." I loved "Grimm's Fairy Tales" when I was a kid.

Biskit

They, pretty much, all lack imagination. The so-called comedies rely on sexual inuendo to keep their energy up. The actors and writers should go back and review such greats as, Red Skelton, Jack Benny, Lucile Ball, Carrol O'Conner (Archie Bunker) to gain some insight into how timing, facial expressions, and word craft are more hilarious than any boobage and buttage can ever be.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I like Terra Nova and Secret Circle (a guilty pleasure LOL)

Last edited:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
They, pretty much, all lack imagination. The so-called comedies rely on sexual inuendo to keep their energy up. The actors and writers should go back and review such greats as, Red Skelton, Jack Benny, Lucile Ball, Carrol O'Conner (Archie Bunker) to gain some insight into how timing, facial expressions, and word craft are more hilarious than any boobage and buttage can ever be.
Most of what's on network TV, IMO, is mindless drivel, and provides very little entertainment value. When I do watch TV just before going to bed, I'm surfing between the cooking shows, Outdoors shows, Militaty Channel, History Channel, Travel Channel...you get the point.

FWIW, I can think of a couple of "characters" right here who would be like the resurrection of "Archie and the Meat Head." :yum::yum::yum: I ain't naming names, even if you threaten to take away my bread pans.:yum::yum::yum: