How Do You Season Your Scrambled Eggs?

Leni

Other than salt and pepper that is. Sometimes I will add in parmesan cheese or an Italian spice mix. I also like to chop bacon into bite sized pieces, fry them until done, and then scramble the eggs.

Leni

That sounds good. I think that I'd add fresh parmesan to that. How about a little fresh basil?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Which do you mean season or additions? Salt and pepper, herbs and spices are seasonings. Bacon, cheese, tomato, onions etc are additions.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Plain scrambled eggs ONLY have salt, pepper & a splash of water.

BUT if I am having additions: peppers, onions, potatoes, cheese, tomatoes, meats: ham, bacon, sausage or hot dogs.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Chives. Always.

I have a pot of chives either inside or outside my house, year 'round.

Lee

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
hot sauce while scrambling, a touch of garlic powder

additions are dependant on my mood..

philly cheese steak

western

chirizo

endless..lol

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
If it's just plain scrambled eggs I put just pepper and sea salt.

But if I want to go further like mixing eggs, chirizo, diced potatoes, tomatoes... just fry it all together and roll up in a flour tortilla and I've got "good eats" Yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leni

Yeah, you're right. I should have said 'and additions.' I like to cube potatoes, bacon, onions and bell pepper and add the eggs to that. Top with cheddar cheese and serve.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Yeah, you're right. I should have said 'and additions.' I like to cube potatoes, bacon, onions and bell pepper and add the eggs to that. Top with cheddar cheese and serve.
YUMMY!!

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
The other morning, I put sausage, some hash browns, a few peppers and a slice of cheese on top and rolled it all in a Wrap. Oh Yeah! S & P

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
This is a rather interesting conversation. It’s made me ask myself:

When do scrambled eggs become an omelet?

To me, scrambled eggs are just eggs moved about in a hot pan with salt and pepper.

Adding things like sausage, mushrooms, tomatoes, etc, becomes omelet for me.

Thoughts?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I add salt and pepper and a little milk (about 1 tbsp per egg) to the eggs, scramble them up, making sure that the whites are completely mixed, toss in a pan with a little butter. I don't like them runny but I also don't like them cooked hard. I like them where they just hold together, if that makes any sense :huh:

I call scrambled eggs that have stuff added to them "breakfast scrambles". To me, an omelet is solid with the fixin's folded in the middle. If the fixin's are mixed in with the eggs and it is cooked as one solid mass, I call it a frittata.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I add salt and pepper and a little milk (about 1 tbsp per egg) to the eggs, scramble them up, making sure that the whites are completely mixed, toss in a pan with a little butter. I don't like them runny but I also don't like them cooked hard. I like them where they just hold together, if that makes any sense :huh:

I call scrambled eggs that have stuff added to them "breakfast scrambles". To me, an omelet is solid with the fixin's folded in the middle. If the fixin's are mixed in with the eggs and it is cooked as one solid mass, I call it a frittata.

Breakfast Scrambles!!! That is brilliant! Love it! I'll be calling it that from now on! Thanks! :thumb:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Breakfast Scrambles!!! That is brilliant! Love it! I'll be calling it that from now on! Thanks! :thumb:

been calling them scrambles for years..lol

thanks Denny's..lol

here is one i posted along time ago

Leftover Breakfast Skillet Scramble

Denny's has a meat lovers scramble,heartland scramble and in select locations a chirizo scramble... they also call a skillet a scramble..same ingredients...

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Normally salt, pepper, thyme and a little garlic powder.
It varies.
Sometimes I turn them into a little breakfast bowl muffin (with bacon-onion-peppers and cheese)-- then cut in half and insert into a tortilla.
Instant breakfast wrap!

2010-10-25 08-48-22.119.jpg

2010-10-25 08-55-57.741.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Scrambled eggs with browned sausage, sautéed veggies: red & green bell peppers, onions & mushroom (cooked in butter & chile oil) & a dollop of hot pepper paste on the side.

11510_eggs_sausage_peppers_mushrooms_onions.jpg