Stuffed Jalapenos (ABT's kinda)

High Cheese

Saucier
Here's my take on the ABT's. Wasn't really in the mood to fire up the smoker so I threw them in a pan.

Jalapenos stuffed with egg, cheese and chorizo wrapped in bacon. lol

Jan31004.jpg

Jan31005.jpg

Jan31006.jpg

Jan31007.jpg

Only change I would make is to roast the hollowed chilis in the oven or on the grill first to ease up the rawness. The stuffing and bacon timed out pretty good with theid doneness.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I can see what you mean about the chilis, lo0ok really great though, have to rty something like that one day - just for myself mind, no one else will touch them.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Chirozo is a Mexican sausage, right? And did you cook up the eggs (scrambled) first? They do look good, but yea baby a little roasting in the oven.. or maybe a little smoking first for some smokey flavor?
I tell ya they do look good though!!

High Cheese

Saucier
I whisked the eggs, minced chorizo and grated cheese together then stuffed the peppers. The cooking process cooked the egg stuffing. Medium heat for about 10 minutes or so.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That third picture is a killer, Jeeks. Hoo-boy!

Boy, though, those must have been a PITA to make!

I cut the jalapenos in half, seed and devein, then stuff. Much easier.

Your way, especially with the raw eggs, was a wonderful presentation, but I can see why you just made 4! LOL!

Lee

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Your way, especially with the raw eggs, was a wonderful presentation, but I can see why you just made 4! LOL!

Lee

That is what I was thinking, Lee. Hell 4 would just get me started and piss me off when I ran out that there wasn't more of them. :mrgreen:

chowhound

Interesting. I love the money shot too. Nice pic, but yeah, probably need more cooking for the pepper.
You should have fired up your little grill.

High Cheese

Saucier
The raw egg mixture was pretty easy to handle with the cheese and all. Actually, after the first pepper, the rest were pretty easy. I just used a sharp paring knife. Yes, I cold have just cut them in half, but that's part of the presentation I wanted. I wanted someone who ate it to say: "Hey! How'd that cheese and chorizo get in there?"

I only made 4 because I knew there would have to be changes and I didn't want to use up all my jalapenos. I have 4 left, gonna try to roast them first. Stay tuned.... (lol)

I was thinking shrimp instead of chorizo next time. What'd'ya think?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I think the delicate taste of shrimp would be lost in all the other powerful flavors.

Stick with chorizo.

Lee

chowhound

I've grilled jalapenos before, stuffing them with cream cheese and a small precooked shrimp. No bacon. You couldn't really taste the shrimp, but the texture was fantastic. Great appetizer.

Here Jeeks. I'm pretty sure this would be classified gadget (lol).

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I agree shrimp would be lost in the flavor. Chirozo or any other kind of spicy sausage I think would go great with it. Like a hot Polish sausage link. Or even that Bob Evans hot ground sausage.