Israeli Couscous

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
What do you think is a good way to use this? It says its toasted. Does that change anything?

350__1_israelicouscous1.jpg

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Re: What would you do with this Couscous?

I would use it as a hot side dish in place of rice or potato. Maybe with a little garlic butter on the top. I like the simple things.

FryBoy

Israeli couscous is different from the stuff we usually get in the U.S. in that it's MUCH larger -- little balls rather than sand-like grains. Other than that, it's used in the same way -- just prepare it according to the package instructions. Many people prefer it.

Here's what I would do with it:

Moroccan Lamb & Prune Tagine

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Oooo, just added Israeli cous cous to my "list of things to try"!

Thanks, Sush and Fry!

Lee

SilverSage

Resident Crone

I buy Israeli couscous all the time. I've seen it referred to as pearl couscous sometimes.

Toasted is a good thing for flavor. I usually toast mine in a dry pan before cooking, so it looks like that may be already done for you.

Often, I cook it like one would cook risotto. Add some liquid and simmer until absorbed. Add more and simmer more.... keep it up until tender. I usually use some combination of water and stock to add flavor.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

I FINALLY got around to buying and trying Israeli couscous!

It's delicious with just salted and buttered. I mixed some in with sautéed spinach. Excellent!

I think it would be great in soups, such as Italian wedding soup.

Lee

Attachments

• IMG_3910.JPG
    IMG_3910.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_3912.JPG
    IMG_3912.JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 75