30 rep points for a pic ....

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
30 rep points for a pic of your NCT decal installed on your car.

I have not seen any pics yet. Now I'm wondering if the decal is a total waste of money (if it's not being displayed). Not your alls fault if that's the case. I presummed folks would like the idea ...but now I'm not so sure.

So I'm asking. Is the decal a good idea or should I find another give away to help promote NCT ...maybe License plate frames or something like that.

My problem with the LP frames was that Net Cooking Talk .com is so freaking BIG!!

Thoughts / Suggestions.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Hmmm. I don't stick things to my car because I think it looks tacky. I'd wear a hat though...

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I've got the decal in the rear window on my van but my camera is on loan. Now if I get it back before this Thrusday I will post a picture other wise you will see it with the pictures from the ECG at Warren's since it is Saturday with me being on the road all day Friday.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I'm glad you specified the decal had to be on your car, Doc. Because rumor has it that Biskit has one stuck somewhere on his body and he would love to post a pic!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
30 rep points for a pic of your NCT decal installed on your car.

I have not seen any pics yet. Now I'm wondering if the decal is a total waste of money (if it's not being displayed). Not your alls fault if that's the case. I presummed folks would like the idea ...but now I'm not so sure.

So I'm asking. Is the decal a good idea or should I find another give away to help promote NCT ...maybe License plate frames or something like that.

My problem with the LP frames was that Net Cooking Talk .com is so freaking BIG!!

Thoughts / Suggestions.
Honestly, I think the problem is that the decal is huge. Really, really huge. There is only so much space on your windows and most of us have things like parking lot permit stickers, beach permit stickers, kid's soccer/football/gymnastic stickers already on our windows.

But I was thinking when I saw it that a bumper sticker that is smaller would be a good idea. Yes, you probably couldn't read it as easily on the freeway but realistically, how many people would copy it down if they saw it while driving on the freeway. But a bumper sticker is easy to read on a parked car - say in a parking lot - where people might take the time to jot it down or look at it long enough to remember.

Also, it sounds old-fashioned, but imprinted pens are a good idea, too. Everyone uses pens and people borrow them and look at them. The same thing with key-chains.

T-shirts are good for spreading the word but too expensive.

bowlingshirt

Bumper-sticker-car.jpg

um...it's in there....somewhere.....:unsure:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
t-shirts... mugs... anything like would be good for me.... i drink most of my coffee while i sit here looking at NCT...why not go all out?..lol

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Here you go Doc I found one on my computer that I took a while back when I first put it on.

Attachments

• IMG_3400.jpg
    IMG_3400.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 51

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've got the decal in the rear window on my van but my camera is on loan. Now if I get it back before this Thrusday I will post a picture other wise you will see it with the pictures from the ECG at Warren's since it is Saturday with me being on the road all day Friday.
Joe, heres to good weather and a good get together for you all. Cheers! :beer:

Thanks for your thoughts on the decal guys. Good points. I thought the decal was perfect. I even downsized it some. It is made to fit across the rear window where you normally don't have other decals, but it does certainly MARK your car. Good point about people reading it on the freeway. Not gonna happen. I thought it would be good if they could read it at stop lights and general in town traffic too, but a bumper sticker would serve that purpose. I can't imagine that many would be willing to plaster a bumper sticker on their car either.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Joe. That looks awesome!!!!!!! :thumb: :clap: Rep points on the way.

I wanted to put it near the bottom but due to the rear windshield wiper I went above it. Windshield wipers will tear them up over time but it is still easy to read.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I'm waring a Japanese Knife Sharpening T shirt right now. I got this from Dave (D_R_Sharpening) at last years ECG. I love good T shirts though I could always use another coffee cup, like I only have about 50 of them. :wink:

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
To be honest, Doc--I would prefer being able to buy an apron with netcookingtalk.com logo with the skillet that says: Come for the food, stay for the people (or however that is phrased).

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I looked into coffee mugs. While doable, they are rather expensive and shipping is way up there because of the weight. That is why I decided against them at that time. If that is what the majority want and will pay money for I will reconsider.

Understood on the apron Susan. I have no idea of a supplier of an apron or what the minimun order would be. If anyone knows of a source for this kind of stuff I would like to move forward and see what we can do together to market Net Cooking Talk.

The decal actually looks small on that window Joe. Very nice. It looks GREAT up there at the top. I bumped your rep points for the additional 10 that I owned you. :thumb: :D

Thanks All for the input. That helps imensly. :D :thumb:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I put it on the day after I got it just forgot about taking the picture. I did want it on for the ECG as it will perhaps get some more members from it.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I like the coffee cup or even mouse pad ideas……but how will those promote the site? We’d have them in our houses, and we already know about NCT! :yum:

Pens might work. If I had 30 or so pens, I’d spread them all over work, give them to the local grocery stores for their use, and leave them at the receptionists desks at work as well.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
That is a great idea Keltin, I lose about 30 pens a month here. Every person that comes in to rent a unit of pay leaves with a pen. People think every pen here is theirs. :lol:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Keltin hit it on the head with his comment about getting the word out. Mugs and aprons can be a good way to raise some cash but they will not do a whole lot for getting the word out. It takes cash to get the word out so ....they do play into the picture.

Pens can ge the word out, but I wouldd have to get lots of them and provide lots of them to folks who are in a position to pass out pens. This might be good, but would I get more bang for the buck going with google ad words and paying google to put our name at thte top of the page whenever someone searchs on a key phrase. Sending 30 pens to 10 members to pass out will cost around $140. How many of the ones who get the pens will sign up? Would they be more likely or less likely to sign up than someone who searched on cooking forum and saw Net Cooking Talk at the top of the page? Google hits cost .75 to 1.00 each depending on the key word purchased.

This is part of what I'm considering. Any thoughts along this line?

I do like the idea of marketing aprons, mugs and even car magnets. I will be looking for sources for all this. If you know of any feel free to pass them on.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Doc, there are those of us of myspace or facebook and some are on twitter--why not have those who care to add a link to here?

It is free and might bring more foodie friends here.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
How about t-shirts Greg like you offer on FF?
I wear mine from time to time, and the pen is lovely.

As for my NCT sticker.. ooooops! it's somewhere around here lol

KKsMom

Blond Member
Are you familiar with the black and white oval stickers? You could do that... here is a pic...

Attachments

• abcsamplebasic.gif
    abcsamplebasic.gif
    5.7 KB · Views: 41