Next Food Network "Star"... who will win? (or..huh???)

Who is going to win The Next Food Network Star?

• Aarti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Herb

• Tom

• Should have been......

• Total voters
K

Kimchee

For those of us who are guility following a... gasp.... "reality cooking show"..
who's gonna win?

lilylove

We've been watching and wanted Tom to win. We both like his style and his attitude. We would have watched his show.... not sure we will watch the winner. She's toooo jumpy for me. :)

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm guilty. I watched a lot of it.

I wanted Tom to win. I think his pork belly (pork steak??) that Suzy sawed on and couldn't cut hurt him pretty badly....:lol:....sure was funny though. His tale of the two tunas was great, and he is very likable. I was glad that Aria didn't win. That girl has a mean streak. I'm not very impressed with Aarti. Alton Brown doesn't have to worry that she will replace him. Her commentary was pitiful.

I'm looking forward to the food truck wars.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Last year's and THIS year's episodes were stupid! Totally a flopout!!!

The one who I wanted to win (DAS) was ousted on the 4th episode!!

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
It hasn't been the same since the one two years ago when Aaron McCargo Jr. was the top winner!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I couldn't even venture a guess...I haven't watched one of these contests for the past 4 years.

I feel sooooooo out of the loop, hahaha

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I must admit, I've watched EVERY ONE of them, lol. I really wanted Herb to win but alas, no such luck. So what do you think of the winner?

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I watched most of it. I think from the beginning it was Aarti's to lose.

Last season they had a woman doing Indian food, and they held on to her way too long, which suggested that they wanted an Indian show. Remember that they also held on to the Korean/Southern woman way too long, because the concept was different. I think they are looking for new ideas instead of just the same 'ol same 'ol.

This season, right from the start the judges all raved about how good Aarti was with the camera. Tom "Big Chef" got off to a slow start and was too much like Guy "Big Bite". Herb finally got his act together, but they have had lots of Hispanic and lots of 'healthy' cooking shows. I think that as long as she was able to hold her own, they wanted her contemporary Indian cooking for their new show.

I may watch, depending on the time slot. I don't know much about Indian food and I'd like to see some of it. My BIL is from Delhi and he has cooked for us once or twice, and it's been wonderful. I may learn something besides 'big flavors", "big bites", or "big daddy".