1 egg
3 T. fresh parsley, chopped
1 T. Italian seasoning
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 large onion, minced
1 teas. salt
1/4 teas. red pepper flakes
2 cups tomato sauce

Mix everything together. Form 48 little meatballs.

Spoon some sauce on the bottom of a casserole dish. Lay the meatballs on top of the sauce, piling them up as needed.

Pour the rest of the sauce over the meatballs. Cover and bake at 350 for half hour.

Note: This can be lightened up by using more lean burger and/or ground turkey. But this is what I had.

The second picture is a plating of the meatballs and sauce poured over a Spinach and Cheese-Stuffed Portobello.

Lee

Attachments

• Mini meatballs, unsauced.JPG
    Mini meatballs, unsauced.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 1,015
  • Mini meatballs with sauce.JPG
    Mini meatballs with sauce.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 1,016

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Wow, looks like a really luscious dinner, diet or not! Good for you, for being so inventive.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Oh wow! Thanks Lee! I'll bet these would freeze in individual servings really well too!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Did you find them onion-y? That's an awful lot of raw onion for a pound of meat.

I had been doing WW online last year, but not any longer. What is the 'plus' at the end of the points?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Vera, yes, the onion was evident, but it was half of a large sweet onion, so it tasted good and felt good in the mouth. Plus, it stretched the burger mixture.

PointsPlus is the re-vamped WW system, which pushes members toward eating more vegetables and fruit (both, with only a few exceptions, are "free"), lean protein and high fiber. The old Points of many foods have changed in the new system.

Lee

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Made these again, but with ground turkey.

Just as delicious and a lot lower fat!

Served over whole wheat linguini.

Lee

Attachments

• Mini meatballs.JPG
    Mini meatballs.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 912

Johnny West

I love meat balls and your's look perfect. I but the 97% lean grass fed beef for most everything now. I bake rather than fry, too.