Pork chops with Corn and Mushroom Salad

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Re: Weight Watchers Recipes
This would be easier, and better, on an outdoor grill. But with a couple of feet of snow on my grill, it wasn't an option for me.

I thought the fennel gave the chops too anis-y a flavor. I would use different seasonings next time. Otherwise, this was a delicious, satisfying meal!

Lee

Pork Chops with Squash and Mushroom Salad (serves 4) 6 PointsPlus per serving

4 (5 oz) bone-in center-cut pork loin chops, trimmed
2 tsp fennel seeds, lightly crushed
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
1 large ear corn on the cob, shucked
1 (10-oz) package cremini mushrooms, stems discarded
2 medium yellow squash, cut lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick slices
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 Tblsp lemon juice
1 Tblsp EVOO

1. Spray grill rack with nonstick spray, preheat grill to medium or prepare medium fire. Or use a grill pan on top of the stove, as I did.

2. Sprinkle pork with crushed fennel seeds, ½ tsp of salt, and 1/8 tsp of pepper; let stand at room temperature while you prepare sauce.

3. Grill corn, mushrooms, and squash, turning often, until softened and browned, 15-17 minutes for corn, 10-15 minutes for mushrooms, and 8-10 minutes for squash.

4. When cool enough to handle, cut kernels from corn and slice mushrooms. In a bowl, mix squash with corn, mushrooms, tomatoes, parsley, lemon juice, oil, and remaining ¼ tsp of salt and 1/8 tsp of pepper. Let stand at room temperature.

5. Grill chops to 145 degrees internal, for pink, juicy chops, about 4 minutes on each side. Grill longer, if you don't like pink. Serve pork chops with salad.

Per serving: (1 pork chop and ¾ cup salad): 339 g, 253 Val, 10g total fat, 2 g sat fat, 0 g trans fat, 66 mg chol, 352 mg sod, 16 g total carb, 6 g total sugar, 4 g fib, 26 g protein, 70 mg calc, 6P+
Attached Images
attachment.php

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I can't see the picture :sad:

So what different seasonings would you use?
BTW I use fennel in my pork chops and saurkraut dish.

Re: Weight Watchers Recipes
This would be easier, and better, on an outdoor grill. But with a couple of feet of snow on my grill, it wasn't an option for me.

I thought the fennel gave the chops too anis-y a flavor. I would use different seasonings next time. Otherwise, this was a delicious, satisfying meal!

Lee

Pork Chops with Squash and Mushroom Salad (serves 4) 6 PointsPlus per serving

4 (5 oz) bone-in center-cut pork loin chops, trimmed
2 tsp fennel seeds, lightly crushed
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
1 large ear corn on the cob, shucked
1 (10-oz) package cremini mushrooms, stems discarded
2 medium yellow squash, cut lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick slices
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 Tblsp lemon juice
1 Tblsp EVOO

1. Spray grill rack with nonstick spray, preheat grill to medium or prepare medium fire. Or use a grill pan on top of the stove, as I did.

2. Sprinkle pork with crushed fennel seeds, ½ tsp of salt, and 1/8 tsp of pepper; let stand at room temperature while you prepare sauce.

3. Grill corn, mushrooms, and squash, turning often, until softened and browned, 15-17 minutes for corn, 10-15 minutes for mushrooms, and 8-10 minutes for squash.

4. When cool enough to handle, cut kernels from corn and slice mushrooms. In a bowl, mix squash with corn, mushrooms, tomatoes, parsley, lemon juice, oil, and remaining ¼ tsp of salt and 1/8 tsp of pepper. Let stand at room temperature.

5. Grill chops to 145 degrees internal, for pink, juicy chops, about 4 minutes on each side. Grill longer, if you don't like pink. Serve pork chops with salad.

Per serving: (1 pork chop and ¾ cup salad): 339 g, 253 Val, 10g total fat, 2 g sat fat, 0 g trans fat, 66 mg chol, 352 mg sod, 16 g total carb, 6 g total sugar, 4 g fib, 26 g protein, 70 mg calc, 6P+
Attached Images
attachment.php

progress.gif

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I don't think Lee attached a pic with it Peeps.
I'd like to see what these look like too.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I can see the pic. I copied and pasted it. Can you see it now?

attachment.php

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
This is what I see

Attachments

• no_pic_NCT.jpg
    no_pic_NCT.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 362

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Wow, that's really weird. Let's try this one more time. This time I copied and saved it to my computer and uploaded it as an attachment. Can you see it now?

Attachments

• pork-chops-with-corn-and-mushroom-salad.JPG
    pork-chops-with-corn-and-mushroom-salad.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 345

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
This is what I am seeing before Mama attached the pic.
Strange!
:shock:

" i avoirdupois in your general direction" - buckytom

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Yup the little "working" symbol dots going around in a circle and a double sig.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for fixing that Mama, all I was seeing was the red X till you did that. Thanks!

And Qsis, that chop and salad look divine! The corn looks together as if you cut it fresh from the cob, did you?

Very nice!!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
The recipe says to cut kernels from the cob.

I think I will call it a night. I feel strange at the moment. I checked my sugar and it is 101 but I feel weird. I think I just need some sleep. Good night everyone. See you in a few hours sweet dreams all!!