What's cooking Sunday 10/2/16 to Saturday 10/8/16?

Saliha

Pork and beans in tomato chili sauce, the runner beans, shark fin melon cubes with fresh herbs:

XunYP75.jpg

A harvest meal; all except pork and tomato sauce was from my garden.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Re: What's cooking Sunday 9/25/16 to Saturday 10/1/16?

Probably a chef salad .. too many pancakes and bacon at the diner after Mass.:bonk:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
What's cooking Sunday 10/2/16 to Saturday 10/9/16?

Split pea soup and salad.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
Re: What's cooking Sunday 9/2/2016 to Saturday 9/8/2016?

would that be time for NofemberFest?

giggle.....

spent all day painting the bathroom. so it was grilled cheese and tomato soup!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Re: What's cooking Sunday 9/2/2016 to Saturday 9/8/2016?

Made a good size chef salad with all the usual ingredients; iceberg,cuke, tomato, ham, turkey, boiled egg slices and cheese, dressed with Newman's Own Family Recipe Italian.

Should have taken a picture.
It was pretty.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
What's cooking Sunday 10/2/16 to Saturday 10/9/16?

Quick and dirty here.

Maureen and I are getting ready for shows. So, Wendy's

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Re: What's cooking Sunday 10/2/16 to Saturday 10/9/16?

I feel like ham or bacon and eggs ?. Maybe just ham and salad. And biscuits or corn bread if family wants one.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter

I had an everything bagel with cream cheese for a late lunch, then picked around most of the day.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Had a Trader Joe baby spinach salad shared with hub. After I pick my DD up from visiting her friend I will make franks and (doctored up) beans.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

Pan grilled the last two "meatloaf burgers" from the freezer. Put them on brioche buns from Aldo's and made some hand cut shoestring fries.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

I am planning individual mini chicken pot pies and salad for dinner. Trader Joe's apple cider to drink (really good cider). Trader Joe's pumpkin rolls with pumpkin icing (first time hope their good) for dessert ?.

Johnny West

Last night was kobe petite sirloins. I let them sit on the back of the grill a bit too long and they came out medium but were still juicy and good. I used mesquite for smoke.

Attachments

• ########Kobe MS.JPG
    ########Kobe MS.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 136

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Butterfly pork chops made in the grill pan (heavy on the Mrs. Dash)
Baked sweet potato (butter/garlic powder)
Lime sherbet for dessert.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
The pot pies turned out perfect. The mini pie plates hold a half cup. I got exactly two cups of filling (four servings). I used Trader Joe's pie crust for the first time and it is great. Rocket salad on the side and dessert will be TJ's pumpkin cheesecake when it thaws out.

Johnny West

I found a recipe for chicken and Guinness pies and will do them soon. Are the TJ's regular pie crust or filo?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Regular pie crust. Very tasty. Fingers acting up today so I took the easy way. First time I used them and am happy with the results. The family liked it.

Johnny West

I can make pie crust but have good results with Pillsbury crust. Normally with the pot pies I top with cat head biscuits. It's what everyone likes.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I can make pie crust but have good results with Pillsbury crust. Normally with the pot pies I top with cat head biscuits. It's what everyone likes.

I used to use Pillsbury in a pinch. But they reduce the size to 14 oz. and kept the same price also the crust is pasty white and flavorless now. I will use Trader Joe now when I want to go the easy way. The box size is 22 oz., only a bit higher price and the crust has a nice flavor. Nothing is better than homemade but this is good.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Tonight was lamb chops nicely seasoned and browned then simmered in water, lemon juice, fresh garlic and gravy master. Green salad side and a nice chilled white zin.

Johnny West

I've been looking at new chili recipes to try at the church chili cook off and will make a cornbread to take along. Thanks for the tip.

Last night we made four pizza's and Amelia made her own pepperoni and cheese. The dough was made from King Arthur Pizza Flour I got from a Christmas gift certificate. Mine was Hormel mini pep, Tuscan sausage, cheese, and Mezzetta sauce. The King Arthur pizza flour is excellent.

Attachments

• ########Pizza I.jpg
    ########Pizza I.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 95
  • ########Pizza II.jpg
    ########Pizza II.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 101

Johnny West

There was a change in plans tonight and went to the Oktoberfest at the Puyallup Fairgrounds. I had the jeager schnitzel. The cabbage was tasteless.

Attachments

• ########Schnizel.JPG
    ########Schnizel.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 93

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
did a whole stewed chicken Thursday. around here that includes potato chunks + celery + onion + seasoning. the problem with chickens now-a-days is the smallest little 50 pound chicken makes a lot of meals for two . . .

so, diced up both the chicken and the vegetables into smaller spoon sized chunks, added some peas, heated / thickened (part of) the gelatinized broth with a dark roux, add in chicken&veggies store bought puff pastry . . .

turned out not so "neat" - very tasty for a first try at individual pot pie - much better than anything from the frozen section in the market. the stewed chicken broth really carries the flavor.

Attachments

• DSC_4952.jpg
    DSC_4952.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 90

Saliha

Today I had pancakes and strawberry jam:

EWdWQuk.jpg

Also rice porridge is in the oven and bilberry soup is ready soon.

:readytoeat: