What have you eaten NCT - Sunday 4/29/18 to Saturday 5/5/18?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Breakfast was vanilla bean yogurt.
Lunch will be sliced broccoli/ cauliflower florets and peppers in a tortilla with cream cheese.
Dinner is yet to be decided.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Savory baklava with roasted shredded pork, fennel, onion, garlic, roasted grape tomatoes, honey, tomato sauce, plus feta, with confetti cauliflower rice/couscous with red bell, zucchini, green onions, and currants, with spices of turmeric and ras el hanout

Attachments

• 2018-05-03 19.02.35.jpg
    2018-05-03 19.02.35.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 130

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I had a Nancy's brand quiche Lorraine.
Made a broccoli/onion and raisin salad too, but that single quiche was too much.
I'll have the salad for dinner tomorrow with something else.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Yesterday DD #2 asked me to take her to run her errands. Then DD #1 worked late so I dropped DD #2 off at home. Picked up DD #1 and we decided that 92F was to hot for cooking. So we went to a favorite little place for dinner.
The Lido In Hackensack. We ordered Sliced steak, salad, fantastic thin crust pizza. We brought take out home for hub and DD #2.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
May be quiche again, only crustless.
I'll have the brocc salad too.
With pics this time.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Comfort night - Meat Loaf, whipped taters, Creamed Corn, and a Garden Salad with the Good Balsamic...

Salad - Balsamic 2.jpg

Meatloaf.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
SAVORY baklava, med????

Lee

Yep, although it was still sweet too, and next time I'll halve the syrup of sugar, water, orange zest and cayenne. It was quite good and definitely something different from anything I'd made before. Can't wait to try some of the other recipes.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
That would be a fritatta. :wink:

The brand I have is Special K, crustless quiche.
It's in stores.

The ladies and I lunched out at Fricker's.
I had a veggie burger with side of slaw.
Kiddos had cheese quesadillas and applesauce.
They made Ali an A-1 burger in lettuce instead of bun.

Attachments

• 20180504_123007-614x614.jpg
    20180504_123007-614x614.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 122

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
one guess . . .

IMG_0652.jpg

rockfish/striper/sea bass . . .

IMG_0651.jpg

for two had to pull off the filets; w/ baked sweet potato (has become a fav)

IMG_0653.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Last night I had some exceptionally awesome sweet potato and black bean carnitas.
We've got several great Mexican restaurants in the city, but this is a small place that does a better business than any larger place could hope for.

Tonight I think we're grilling.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last night's Crusted Tilapia Fillets, with Long-Grain and Wild Rice,Corny Rosemary Carrots and Tomato and Cuke slices

IMG_5230.jpg

I must apologize for the terrible pic.... I'd already dug in when the Warden reminded me that I hadn't taken one...
Rushed to shoot it, and forgot to set it on Macro...

IMG_5231.jpg

Tonight, we'll share this bad boy...

IMG_5232.jpg

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
so this pork chop walks into a bar . . .

butcher thick cut - 1.25 is the bone - pan seared then finished in the oven on the rack at 275'F to 140' internal.

IMG_0654.jpg

polished with re-fried spaetzle & sperrygrass (local name...)

IMG_0656.jpg

the low&slow finish keeps the pork dripping moist - the asparagus was a disappointment. you can see from the color it was not at its peak.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Chicken wings and ribs finished under the broiler with BBQ sauce, corn on the cob and baked beans.

chicken_ribs_050518_IMG_4124.JPG

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We went to Carraba's so I could have the mussels in lemon butter sauce with Pernod and basil that I have been craving. We had fried calamari for an appy. I had grilled asparagus wrapped with prosciutto as a side, which Craig shared. It was drizzled with a balsamic reduction, which I am totally stealing and using from now on. Craig had lasagna with a side of meatballs. Plus, we had their rustic bread and dipping sauce of spices and garlic in olive oil. Saying that I am stuffed is a vast understatement.

Attachments

• 2018-05-05 20.10.06.jpg
    2018-05-05 20.10.06.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 96

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last Night's Grilled Porterhouse (She got the Tenderloin, I got the Strip),

Porterhouse, Grilled.jpg

We shared half of a huge Baked Yam, served with Spinach & Baby Bell Pasta Salad and Green Beans.

Strip Steak, Spinach Pasta Salad, Baked Yam .jpg