Antipasto Squares

homecook

I made and baked ahead. These can be served at room temp or reheated...we did room temp and they were GREAT!!! I sprinkled garlic pepper and addtl parm cheese on top. YUM!!!
I got this off allrecipes a couple years ago and changed it a little to my taste.

2 (10 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
1/4 pound thinly sliced boiled ham
1/4 pound thinly sliced provolone cheese
1/4 pound thinly sliced Swiss cheese
1/4 pound thinly sliced hard salami
1/4 pound thinly sliced pepperoni sausage
1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained, cut into thin strips
1 small can sliced black olives
3 eggs
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 C). Unroll one package of crescent roll dough, and cover the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. Layer the ham, provolone cheese, Swiss cheese, salami, pepperoni, olives and red peppers, on top of the dough. I've also added sliced jalapenos. In a bowl, beat the eggs lightly, and stir in the parmesan cheese and black pepper. Pour 3/4 of this mixture over the peppers. Unroll the second package of dough, and place over the top of the peppers. Brush with the remaining egg mixture. Cover with aluminum foil.

Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove foil, and bake another 10 to 20 minutes, or until dough is fluffy and golden brown. Cut into squares. Serve warm, or at room temp.

Barb

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Heyyyyyyy, Barb!

I made this a couple of New Year's Eves ago, and posted the recipe that I'd received, plus this picture, on DC, asking for help to improve what I thought was a good-but-could-be-better recipe.

I think your changes are what I was looking for!

Lee

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Isn't it good though!! What are the differences? Glad I could help.

Barb

Well, I've already replaced my recipe with yours, but two things I noticed right away are that you used hard salami instead of Genoa, and added a can of black olives.

Wish I'd taken a pic after I'd cut them! :)

Lee