Makes 20

1/2 pound shredded jack cheese
1/2 pound shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 pound hot sausage
1 1/2 cup Bisquick
1 egg, beaten
1 package Spicy Shake N Bake
20 jalapenos

The peppers can be fresh or canned, just be sure you drain well if canned. You can also use the round mild cherry peppers instead. Slice the peppers in half lengthwise down one side only and scrape out the seeds. If you accidentally cut all the way through, just try to keep the two halves together. Mix Bisquick, sausage and cheddar in a large bowl. Place the beaten egg in a shallow bowl, also put the Shake N Bake in a shallow bowl. Stuff each pepper with shredded jack, then stick the halves back together, if separated. Grab a handful of the sausage mixture and wrap around the pepper in the shape of an elongated egg. Dip in beaten egg and roll in Shake N Bake to coat evenly. Place on a greased baking sheet. When the peppers are all ready, bake at 350F for 25 minutes or till crisp.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
The ones that I have had are just little different. Everything is ground together and then coated.
I love these things. It's funny to see people that come down here from other states and ask if they are really made from armadillo eggs!!ROFLMAO!!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
throw them on the smoker and you have a real treat... add a hardboiled egg...wrap in bacon...the ingredients are unlimited..lol

l_cd5636746fc8449ba8ff9f8fcb91a65d.jpg

rucf2w.jpg

2cnuryd.jpg

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
OMG!! LOL And I thought they were unhealthy as it was!! LOL those look so good though, Jeff!!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Wow!!! Scotch Peppers to go with you Scotch Eggs! This is great! Im so doing this!!

phreak

My version...fresh homemade breakfast sausage wrapped around hard boiled eggs...then onto the smoker. I also tried wrapping the egg in cheese then sausage and sprinkling that with chipotle seasoning, it worked out pretty good although most of the cheese melted out.

DPP_0004-1.jpg