What's cooking NCT Sunday 3/26/2017 - Saturday 4/1/2017

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We had homemade special fried rice. This is an old picture from a previous batch.

37240-albums1042-picture6423.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Re: What's cooking NCT Sunday 3/19/2017 - Saturday 3/25/2017

Saturday night's dinner was roasted tomato soup with carrots, fennel, basil, garlic, onions, and anisette liquer. Garnishes were toasts with Munster cheese and homemade chaurice. We both agreed that was some of the best tomato soup we've ever had. Dogboa decided to use up the rest of the Jack cheese and chaurice so he made up a little side dish. We got the idea/recipe for this from the Mexican restaurant at EPCOT in Orlando. You use pieces of warm tortilla to pick up the cheesey/meaty goodness.

picture.php

picture.php

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Beautiful photos, everyone!

Medtran, that meaty/cheesy number looks fantastic!

Lee

Johnny West

Tonight will be Vienna Beef hotdogs I got in Chicago last week; maybe a caesar salad to go with it.

I no sooner posted and tuna salad sandwiches was requested.

Last edited:

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter

THanks guys. And it's Munster cheese, not Jack, though you could use Jack. I have Jack stuck in my head for some reason.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I'm confused here. What week thread is this? Seems like two weeks are combined. The post dates are conflicting with the thread title or am I not reading correctly.

Last night 3/25/17 we had shredded chicken breast and broccoli sautéed in EVOO with fresh garlic. Small amount of Chicken stock added. Cooked linguine was added and tossed well. Topped with fresh grated Romano and parmesan reggiano cheeses.

Embryodad

Italian Sausage and Peppers & Onions.

Baked in a 9 x 13 pan foiled over, at 300 degrees for 2-1/2 hours.
Just pulled it out; Supper's done! Just heat it up when ready later.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
I didn't start this thread and somehow our Friday and Saturday dinners ended up in this thread
This happened last week with a few posts too.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
This is our SUNDAY dinner
Norman Van Aken's Cuban pork asado with his sherried black beans over rice. Homemade plantain chips with a garlic, lime, olive oil, agave dipping sauce.

picture.php

Embryodad

We're having... Reuben Sandwiches and Banana Splits
Isn't that funny. Just yesterday, I had mentioned to Tina Mommy about not having a banana split in years. I'm not a fan of ice cream, but every so often, I could enjoy a banana split with a scoop of vanilla, and a scoop of chocolate; with walnuts and butterscotch syrup. No whipped cream, and no cherries.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
The Warden heard of a new restaurant near-by that had half-price menus on Monday's for a limited time.... Informant mentioned Filet Mignon for $14 ... We went last evening...

First surprise was how up-scale the regular prices were, compared to the surrounding venue ($16 for a Shrimp Cocktail appetizer, $13 for 6 oysters on the half-shell).

Also, first sign of trouble when the menu listed "Filet w/ Asparagus and Bleu Cheese Mash.... NOT Filet Mignon, just "Filet"...

The cut was definitely not from any tenderloin; not sure where it was cut from. Also underdone and very chewy ...
Presentation was lacking as well; notice that everything is jammed onto one side of the plate, with the other half a white desert... we won't be back !

Souper-Tuesday, so we'll wait and see what's shakin' later in the day...

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Monday night's dinner was a tagine-style dish with chicken, kumquats, chickpeas, ginger, garlic, onions, with spices of coriander, cumin, cinnamon and cloves, with a touch of honey and chicken broth. Served over jasmine rice, was supposed to be couscous, but I got asked whether we were having rice with the dish and the couscous got forgot when I answered yes. I ended up adding a bit of cayenne too since the dish seemed to need something. No pic as it was all kind of the same color and wouldn't have made a pretty pic at all, but it ended up being pretty darn tasty. Kumquats were from our DD's tree in their new house. They didn't know what they were until I was there a couple of weeks ago and she showed me the tree. It was just loaded so GD picked a bunch off the tree for me. I have to make marmalade with the rest so they don't go bad, maybe candy a few of them.

Johnny West

I have an all clad tagine and should use it more often.

I just put together a bowl of chicken salad for tonight
using a breast from last night's rotisserie chicken. This
was a request - the carcass will be soup tomorrow night.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last night's Souper-Tuesday ....

Tuna and Egg Salad Plate w/ Cream of Celery/Carrot Soup

Pasta Night tonite, but still not sure what or how...

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Last night was a celebration at a place called Old City Prime.
Delicious food and a good time.
I had a dish called baked white fish Oscar.

North Atlantic cod, Maryland lump crab meat, asparagus, hollandaise sauce

...with creamed spinach on the side.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Tuesday night's dinner was from the freezer, the rest of the bell peppers we made about a month ago stuffed with ground meat, wild rice, blue cheese, rosemary, etc. Homemade steak sauce as a condiment.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Greens Gumbo My Way with smoked turkey wings and andouille:

IMG_6693.jpg

This was a re-heat from a double batch that I made earlier. It just gets better :).

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Greens Gumbo My Way with smoked turkey wings and andouille:

IMG_6693.jpg

This was a re-heat from a double batch that I made earlier. It just gets better :).

Do you have that recipe written out, and would you share .......?

Johnny West

WinCo has some nice smoked turkey parts :heart:.

I just put some veg on to simmer in the the chicken broth
for chicken carcass noodle soup for tonight. The bird was
covered with rub so it should be an interesting soup. It
smells good.

Embryodad

Tina babe went shopping in PA today with my cousin, and she brought me back chili cheese Burgers with coleslaw, assorted Krispy Kreme doughnuts, and cookies from a bakery. I am so full, I'm sick.