Son had puppies

joec

Gold Site Supporter
My son's dogs (pit bulls) had a first litter of puppies yesterday in the middle of his bed. Needless to say he bought a new bed and bedding today. :yum:

Attachments

• Pups.jpg
    Pups.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 80

joec

Gold Site Supporter
You got it right FM, 9 healthy pups. Momma simply had them on the bed unannounced which she isn't allowed on. I don't think they were even aware she was pregnant since the male is just over 7 months old. Both the male and the female are both very gentle dogs even though they are both pit bulls. He also has a couple of cats that have even been around the puppies with out mama going all postal on them.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
These pictures where taken about 1 hour after the last one was born too.

chowhound

You got it right FM, 9 healthy pups. Momma simply had them on the bed unannounced which she isn't allowed on. I don't think they were even aware she was pregnant since the male is just over 7 months old. Both the male and the female are both very gentle dogs even though they are both pit bulls. He also has a couple of cats that have even been around the puppies with out mama going all postal on them.

Sounds like someone wasn't paying attention during the birds and bees talk :yum: How can you miss a bitch with a swollen belly and teats that should be eating 8x what she normally does? :huh:

You need to set that boy down, Joe, lol.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
That might be why he has 5 kids of his own. :yum:

In all honesty we had a cat that had 6 kittens and a Doberman that had 8 pups, neither of which showed any out ward signs until after the fact. It was both of their first litters by the way the same in my son's dog's case.