1 48 oz. jar of pre-cooked beans
2 T. dark molasses
1 onion, diced
2 T. yellow mustard
dash of Mesquite flavored Liquid Smoke
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/8 cup Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce
8 slices bacon, divided

Fry up 4 slices bacon, drain and crumble.
Combine all other ingredients except remaining 4 slices bacon. Put in casserole dish. Lay 4 slices bacon on top and bake at 350 for 1 hour.

You could also fry up all the bacon and add it in and simmer on top of stove for up to 2 hours.

Barb

GrillinFool

Why not skip the liquid smoke and put a batch of these on the grill next time you are smoking some ribs? I do this all the time. Here we have enough beans for about a dozen guys along with 4 slabs of ribs and two fatties:

Otherwise my recipe is pretty similar to yours.

homecook

Why not skip the liquid smoke and put a batch of these on the grill next time you are smoking some ribs? I do this all the time. Here we have enough beans for about a dozen guys along with 4 slabs of ribs and two fatties:

Otherwise my recipe is pretty similar to yours.

I could do that if I'm making them at home. Great idea!
I also take them to other cook-outs so I just do them in the oven because not everyone has room on their grill for me. lol Thanks.

Barb

GrillinFool

I could do that if I'm making them at home. Great idea!
I also take them to other cook-outs so I just do them in the oven because not everyone has room on their grill for me. lol Thanks.

Barb

There is that problem. One of the advantages of a horizontal smoker to a vert is that there is a ton of room in the cooking chamber. In that pic we were doing a poker/bachelor party. About a dozen guys were at the house. If I'm doing the beans for say 4 people I just do it in a small pot with a metal handle straight on the grill.

But if the grill isn't available then the liquid smoke in the oven would work just fine.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
OMG, I need to move to your neighborhood, GF!! That looks awesome!! lol

I love these kind of beans! Mom never put liquid smoke though, so, never tried it that way.